8 replies to this topic

#1 ChaoticBeauty

ChaoticBeauty

Private Pilot - IFR

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 574 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 06:48 AM

I would like to buy FSX Acceleration, but I'm going for FSX Gold instead because the price is lower.

I was reading reviews on Amazon, and some people say that they bought this in 2012, and they could not activate it. When they called Microsoft, they said it was too old to be authenticated. So does that mean FSX Gold/Acceleration is not supported anymore?

Also I've heard numerous times that there's a problem with Acceleration and 64-bit systems. Has this been fixed?

#2 Mexicana

Mexicana

Private Pilot - IFR

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 514 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 08:05 AM

Download from internet.. If you wanna feel better, pay for it, and then download it.. Its just better you don't need the CD anytime you play it, you don't need a DVD drive, the cd's never get scratched because you simply don't use them, the installation its faster..

Now for the acceleration i must say that since i erase it, my sim works better, im missing the missions but especially the F18. Other than that its not worth the money..

My advice would be that; Download the sim, and install the SP1 and SP2, just in case you want to try the Acceleretion and see how your sim works, download it first if you like it then pay it..

My System Specs:

CPU: i7 2600K 3.4Ghz (Not OC)
GPU: GTX 570 Asus
RAM: 8GB DDR3 Kingston
HDD: 1TB SATA3

Im flying at 30FPS anywhere settings sliders at full, FPS Blocked with the nVIDIA Inspector.

#3 ChaoticBeauty

ChaoticBeauty

Private Pilot - IFR

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 574 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 08:41 AM

I don't want to go through the hassle of downloading such a big file. My Internet is being very slow these days. Has anybody got this problem?

#4 ollyau

ollyau

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,269 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 10:27 AM

I've never had any trouble with Acceleration and 64 bit operating systems, nor have I heard of any trouble.  I actually haven't had any trouble with Acceleration - never found any incompatibilities or anything (if anything, it's more compatible and capable as it supports carrier ops and includes the Hornet).

I know a friend who re-installed Windows and activated FSX in the past couple weeks - so as far as I know, Microsoft is still running the activation service.

#5 ChaoticBeauty

ChaoticBeauty

Private Pilot - IFR

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 574 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 11:13 AM

ollyau, on 27 June 2012 - 10:27 AM, said:

I've never had any trouble with Acceleration and 64 bit operating systems, nor have I heard of any trouble.  I actually haven't had any trouble with Acceleration - never found any incompatibilities or anything (if anything, it's more compatible and capable as it supports carrier ops and includes the Hornet).

I know a friend who re-installed Windows and activated FSX in the past couple weeks - so as far as I know, Microsoft is still running the activation service.

OK, so I guess I'm going to buy it. Thanks!

#6 Tobe-le-Rone

Tobe-le-Rone

Commercial Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,274 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 11:43 AM

I bought and installed Gold with Acceleration in March and online activation was no problem at all.

#7 Capt_Gabe

Capt_Gabe

Commercial Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,537 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 03:47 PM

I havent had any trouble with Acceleration and Win 7 64. And you never did need to leave the disc in anyway.

#8 Tobe-le-Rone

Tobe-le-Rone

Commercial Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,274 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 04:47 AM

Capt_Gabe, on 27 June 2012 - 03:47 PM, said:

I havent had any trouble with Acceleration and Win 7 64. And you never did need to leave the disc in anyway.

Yes, forgot that. Don't need the disc after install.

#9 Drak

Drak

Private Pilot - VFR

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 149 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 02:17 PM

I did have a bit of trouble activating Acceleration a week or two ago (it kept saying it wasn't activated at each startup, even after entering the activation code and receiving the 'has been activated' message). I 'fixed' this by editing the flight simulator shortcut to always run as administrator. Since then it hasn't nagged me anymore. I'm guessing the 'activated' bit is in a registry setting my normal user cannot read.

Win7 64-bit by the way.

Also tagged with fsx, gold, too, old, to, be, authenticated