8 replies to this topic

#1 ChaoticBeauty

ChaoticBeauty

Private Pilot - IFR

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 574 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 06:17 AM

Microsoft Flight was a good alternative for me when I wanted to fly and enjoy the scenery without worrying about the performance. Now that it's gone and I'm fully returning to FSX, I'm wondering if there are any fixes for the DX10 problems: flickering runways, lack of AA and jagged cockpit shadows.

DX10 preview gives me better graphics and performance, however those issues deter me from using it. I think I've seen somewhere a fix for the flickering runways, but what about AA and cockpit shadows?

#2 Daube

Daube

Private Pilot - IFR

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 884 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 08:33 AM

Yes, there are some VERY recent changes about this.
Check the avsim forums,  you should find the discussions about this easilly. Somebody is modifying the DirectX10 shaders to fix as much issues as he can, and from what I read (I discovered this today in fact), he had some success.

#3 ChaoticBeauty

ChaoticBeauty

Private Pilot - IFR

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 574 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 08:55 AM

That's great news!

I've started checking AVSIM lately despite not being a member in there. I just found a fix for the flickering runways, but nothing for AA. Is there anything for that?

Jagged cockpit shadows is a really minor issue for me. I really prefer the DX10 water, performance and bloom.

#4 Daube

Daube

Private Pilot - IFR

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 884 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 10:20 AM

DX10 means no ENB. That's enough for me to stay with DX9.
Concerning the AA, I have seen some topics discussing about this, but it's only concerning the NVidia cards with the latest drivers and stuff like that. I didn't go in the details since I do not NEED these fixes for the moment ;)

#5 ChaoticBeauty

ChaoticBeauty

Private Pilot - IFR

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 574 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 10:41 AM

On my HD 5770 AA doesn't work too. So it's not NVIDIA-exclusive.

What is this ENB?

#6 Daube

Daube

Private Pilot - IFR

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 884 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 12:15 PM

The ENB bloom module adds some light/color effect similar to the HDR effect, by post-processing (the module modifies the pictures that are drawn by FS9/FSX just before they get displayed). It works only in DirectX9 mode.

#7 Sepulcher

Sepulcher

Passenger

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 12:16 PM

Link to enb series here. I don't bother with the DX10 preview anymore unless more fixes would be implemented. DX9 with ENB installed looks just as good if not better depending on how it's preset.

Posted Image

#8 ChaoticBeauty

ChaoticBeauty

Private Pilot - IFR

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 574 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 12:51 PM

That looks nice! If I can't get DX10 working properly, then I'll consider that.

#9 Sepulcher

Sepulcher

Passenger

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 04:08 PM

Be aware though that enb might work or not work at all for you. I've installed it on 2 systems. It works on my laptop but i can't get it to work on my desktop. It seems to depend on the hardware configuration that you are using.

Read this for more information concerning enb.

Also tagged with dx10, fixes, for, fsx