2 replies to this topic

#1 PrivateCustard

PrivateCustard

Private Pilot - IFR

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 988 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 11:51 PM

Hi guys, I'm currently basking in the glorious NZ summer. I had a six hour stopover at Changi on the way, so I grabbed some shots, as well as the landing video.

I'll have more processed at some point, but my two nieces are taking priority for now!

A 13 shot photostitch from Terminal 3. A really awesome airport actually, very chilled out, with loads of power points, comfy chairs and free wi-fi :)

The 380 in the background is the one I'd just spent the last 13 hours in!

Posted Image

#2 Brandon-M

Brandon-M

Orville Reincarnate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,912 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 06:32 PM

Very cool video, what was the 380 like? I'm yet to get closer than one flying over head unfortunately :( lol

#3 PrivateCustard

PrivateCustard

Private Pilot - IFR

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 988 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 06:55 PM

This was my third flight in one, and my first window seat (booked via the Singapore Airlines website, with seatguru on a second tab!). I'm always impressed with just how smooth they are. I'm not a fanboy, if an aircraft is good, that's all there is to it. Just so happens the A380 is top dog at the moment. The legroom is great, the ride is decent and the windows are huge! The video only looks farther away from the window as the lens on a GoPro is exceptionally wide, it was actually almost resting on the inner perspex!

Much as I don't want this trip to end, at least I only have to suffer 10 hours on a 772 before I get another go in this monster........window seats all the way back too, so hopefully I get some daylight for takeoffs and landings (well, one of each would be cool!)

Edited by PrivateCustard, 10 December 2012 - 06:58 PM.