- - - - -

Problems with Activating FSX with Product key!

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 hazr789

hazr789

Passenger

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 12 October 2013 - 05:33 PM

Hey guys.

So I bought FSX back a week ago from Game. I did have it before but lost a disc upon lending it to a friend. So down the line when I uninstalled it. "BAD IDEA!" I then pirated it. Regret it deeply, only used for a week because I had no Joystick and it felt wrong. So i bought a stick and the game and installed it and then I get an error. "Product Activation Error: An error occurred while attempting to activate the product. The problem may be due to an incomplete installation of the application. Reinstalling the application may resolve the problem. Otherwise, please contact product support for assistance" So I try everything under the sun. Regedit "the partmgr fix". Compatibility is fine! Making calls and being told it's no longer supported! I've put it on a different user account. I have used CCleaner to completely remove it from my system. I have tried every microsoft site. I just need a fix guys so I can get back Into the skies in my beautiful 737's :( If anyone can offer help PLEASE DO! My head is fried from searching for hours every day for a week!

In advance thanks for any help!

Harry :3

#2 Mexicana

Mexicana

Private Pilot - IFR

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 514 posts

Posted 13 October 2013 - 11:31 AM

If you already pay for the Sim then use a crack, i really hate FSX Dvd's its always issues with the key.. What i did was get a copy of the Dvd's in one image:

-The installation is quicker than Dvd's, because the files are read direct from the SSD, then you don't have to worry if the Dvd's have scratches or something, and in the installation its not necessary to be in front of the PC to whait for changing Dvd's because is already in one image like if it was a huge DVD.. And in the End and probably the most important, a crack let you use the sim with out placing the Dvd inside the PC everytime you want to use it. You just double click in the .exe file and that's it!! And of course you don't have to worry about the ###### serial Key..

Like i said if you already bought it then there is nothing to worry about getting a crack. Problably the only "pirate" thing you did was giving your dvd's to your friend so he can use it..

Edited by Mexicana, 13 October 2013 - 11:34 AM.

#3 hazr789

hazr789

Passenger

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 12:20 PM

Alright sound.

Cheers for the Info, was contemplating doing a crack, I just hope online functions normally and the game doesn't have any issues.
Once again cheers for the input, I'll get on to it now with the crack. Like you said, I own the game, just making it work a different way :)