No replies to this topic

#1 Raligard

Raligard

Contributor

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 01 November 2013 - 02:01 PM

Greetings Flight Simmers! Long time no see! I've run into an issue with FSX and I was hoping someone with some experience might know about this issue.

Specs: GTX760 with 2GB, 16 GB DDR3 1600 RAM, i5 Quad clocking 3.4 GHz
Display: 3x 1920 x 1080 for a total usable resolution of 5760 x 1080

Scenario #1: I use nVidia 2d Sorround to emulate 1 display of 5760 x 1080. This seems to work fine, but in FSX the 2D cockpit gets stretched out width-wise across the entire display, distorting it horribly. I also have to zoom the forward view out to 0.30. This creates a semi-surround experience, however it is not very accurate towards the edges of the outer displays, it is much more akin to flying in fisheye view. This setting seems to work without crashing, but it isn't very good. :thumbdown:

Scenario #2: I set up extended monitors and configure each of the 3 monitors individually from within FSX. This allows me to keep the forward view from the cockpit on the center monitor, and then have a 45 degree view to the left from the cockpit on the left monitor and likewise a 45 degree view to the right on the right monitor. This looks most realistic! :plane:  I zoom each view to about 0.80 and everything lines up nearly seamlessly. I can fly for about 30 minutes to an hour, and then suddenly I start losing frame rate and eventually FSX crashes with an error: "flight simulator has run out of available memory" :oops:

I wouldn't think with the decent system specs I have that this should be an issue, but it seems to be. Is there anyone else out there using a similar multiple display cockpit that has resolved this problem? Please, I would love to hear from you!! Thank you very much! :clap:

Edited by Raligard, 01 November 2013 - 02:09 PM.