#1 FlyThomsenX

FlyThomsenX

Private Pilot - IFR

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 634 posts

Posted 19 April 2014 - 10:01 AM

Hi all,

I decided to do some VFR flying in North America, including visiting some airfields that I hadn't been to for a while. Since I last used them, I've installed a number of European airports, as well as FTX Global (but region is set to FTX NA, so that's not the issue). Most worked fine, but I experienced this weird bug in a couple of fields:

Posted Image

I first noticed the bug at 11S Sekiu. Below the taxiway seemed to be a steep, gaping hole in the ground. It is still possible to drive on the apron, but it absolutely destroys immersion.

Posted Image

Second place I noticed the problem was 05S Vernonia. This time there was no apron to keep me safe, and my aircraft was parked inside the hole.
Hangar tarmac now seems more like a diving board than a parking spot.

I have PNW.008 service pack installed, which is supposed to fix compatibility with 11S Sekiu, but to no avail. Reinstalling Pacific Northwest, both airfields and all relevant patches did not fix it either.

So far I have only seen the bug in these two airfields, both located in the Pacific Northwest area, so maybe there could be a connection there, albeit I am not sure at all. I have no terrain mesh addons installed, apart from the mesh that ORBX regions contribute with. As stated before, everything is patched up, and the latest libraries are installed.

Does anyone have a clue what can be done to fix this?

Cheers,

- Thomas / FlyThomsenX

#2 igsp1sdb1

igsp1sdb1

Passenger

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 24 January 2015 - 05:08 AM

Hi, I recently bought 11S and 05S and am experiencing exactly the same problem. Did you find out how to fix it?

Thanks
- Dom

Also tagged with orbx, ftx, hole, ground, taxiway, parking, issue, bug, problem