- - - - -

Coating the Katana [Paintjobs for Aerosoft Diamond DA20-100 Katana 4X]

aerosoft diamond katana da20 paintjob repaint paint flythomsenx

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

Poll: Coating the Katana [Paintjobs for Aerosoft Diamond DA20-100 Katana 4X]

Would you be interested in these (and more) liveries?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 FlyThomsenX

FlyThomsenX

Private Pilot - IFR

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 634 posts

Posted 19 April 2014 - 07:10 PM

Hi all :)

Upon discovering that repaints for Aerosoft's DA20 Katana were quite scarce, I decided to take matters into my own hands and see to it that at least a few were available.

Mind you, I'm not an experienced repaint artist, so bear with me if there are mistakes (or as Bob Ross would say it, "happy accidents"). I may or may not take requests, depending on the complexity of the required design and whether or not I have time to do so.

PLEASE NOTE: Thread will be updated with download links if there is sufficient interest, in which case more liveries may be released.

#1: OY-LBA, semi-fictional Danish livery based on this DA40-180 (same registration).

Posted Image

#2: G-BLIX, fictional British livery based on this DA20C-1 Eclipse (reg. S5-DRG), but with modifications to artwork. Actual G-BLIX is a Saunders-Roe Skeeter type helicopter.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Next up is a semi-fictional repaint of a DA20C-1 reg. N885CT as owned by Utah Valley University (UVU) Aviation Science.

I hope that some of you may find good use for these. Feel free to comment, ask questions or make requests below.

Cheers,

- Thomas / FlyThomsenX :)

Edited by FlyThomsenX, 19 April 2014 - 07:12 PM.

#2 Thunderhead66

Thunderhead66

Private Pilot - VFR

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 338 posts

Posted 30 April 2014 - 11:10 AM

Really Nice in my opinion. Good ones!

#3 FlyThomsenX

FlyThomsenX

Private Pilot - IFR

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 634 posts

Posted 01 May 2014 - 05:30 AM

View PostThunderhead66, on 30 April 2014 - 11:10 AM, said:

Really Nice in my opinion. Good ones!
Thank you :)

#4 LjetJeff

LjetJeff

Passenger

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 05 May 2014 - 08:16 AM

They look really nice!  An old colleague of mine has a DA20 which I've flown a couple of times - it's a beautiful plane, absolutely lovely in every respect and is wonderfully pleasing on the eye.

#5 FlyThomsenX

FlyThomsenX

Private Pilot - IFR

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 634 posts

Posted 05 May 2014 - 10:54 AM

View PostLjetJeff, on 05 May 2014 - 08:16 AM, said:

They look really nice!  An old colleague of mine has a DA20 which I've flown a couple of times - it's a beautiful plane, absolutely lovely in every respect and is wonderfully pleasing on the eye.
Thank you very much! If you have a repaint request, e.g. your colleague's Katana, feel free to link me to a couple photos, and I'll see what I can do. Also, should I upload/release the ones above?

Also tagged with aerosoft, diamond, katana, da20, paintjob, repaint, paint, flythomsenx