#1 b757

b757

Orville Reincarnate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,658 posts

Posted 25 April 2014 - 05:56 PM

Hey guys,

Its been a long while since I've posted anything here on the forums. I managed to purchase a new rig for my flight simming and I just can't seem to get the performance out of it that everyone else seems to. I purchased Prepar3d v2 cause everyone was saying it runs better. Well, I can't get it to run any better than FSX. At default airports, I can manage 30fps with no traffic and only moderate settings. If I head to any FSDT sceneries, it drops to about 15 and with traffic, gets down to 10. That's not flyable and I don't know what else to do. I have done venetubo for the CFG, I tried affinity mask, and I even tried taking that out and setting affinity via the Task Manager. I have tried just about every tweak to no avail. Please help if you can!

My specs:
Gigabyte 970 motherboard
AMD FX8350 4.0ghz
8 GB 1600mhz ram
EVGA 750Ti SC 2GB GDDR5
Seagate 1TB 7200rmp
700w PS

~b757

#2 Buziel-411_RED

Buziel-411_RED

Screenshot Hotshot Nov '11

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,042 posts

Posted 25 April 2014 - 07:15 PM

Are you running the latest version of Prepar3D? It is now 2.2.

First off, delete the Prepar3D.cfg to get rid of the Venetubo tweaks. Those are for FSX and many will either not work or simply cause problems in Prepar3D 2.X. Infact, I would suggest not tweaking the CFG file at all, except for maybe the affinity mask. Also, if you are using Nvidia Inspector to change anti aliasing settings, restore the Prepar3D profile to default.

Prepar3D shifts a lot of the load from the processor to the graphics card. Unfortunately, the 750 Ti simply isn't an incredibly powerful GPU, most people on the AVSIM forum who are running Prepar3D 2.X are using 770s and up. You might be better off using FSX for the time being.

#3 b757

b757

Orville Reincarnate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,658 posts

Posted 25 April 2014 - 10:04 PM

Thanks man for the reply. I will give it a try and reply back with results.