3 replies to this topic

#1 shamupilot

shamupilot

Commercial Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,793 posts

Posted 29 April 2014 - 02:47 PM

Oh wow, I completely forgot to post the pics of my return. It's been nearly a year... :thumbdown: :annoyed: :hrmm: Sorry folks, I've been busy running around and doing some things. But, here it is, the last part, I hope you enjoy it!

Singapore Airlines Flight SQ 12 SIN-LAX via NRT Part I: SIN-NRT
Departs: 9:35 am SGT
Arrives: 5:20 pm JST
Flt Time: 6 hours and 15 minutes
Departure Gate: A10

Three days before, I had gotten a nasty case of food poisoning, and I unfortunately couldn't enjoy the wonderful Singaporean cuisine without getting sick to my stomach. I spent the night before we were to leave getting up and going to the bathroom every 2 hours. So, that wasn't fun. Regardless, I was feeling much better than I was the night before, and I was ready to eat some food...Anyways, I woke up at about 5 in the morning, got my stuff together and hailed a taxi to the airport.

Check-in was long and arduous :thumbsdown: , there were few staff members and a lot of people. Which, I guess is to be expected of an A380 flight.

After Check-in, we went through immigration and after some tea, I headed through security and to the gate. Boarding commenced about 15 minutes later. I was seated and ready to go...

Posted Image

Once everyone boarded, we were about a good 25 minutes late. This was mostly due to the fact that a couple on the manifest hadn't showed up. As a result, they had to dig through the mountains of luggage and find theirs and take it off the plane before we could depart. :thumbdown:

Posted Image
Neighboring SQ 308 heading to London

After the slight delay, pushback was initiated, and off we were

Posted Image
Taxiing to the runway

Posted Image
SQ 777

Posted Image
Cathay Pacific 777-200 off to Hong Kong

After waiting for a neighboring Tiger A320 to take-off, we were soon off on our way
Posted Image

Posted Image
Cluttered Singapore Waterway

Posted Image
Off into the Clouds. Bye Singapore!

After take-off, I lowered my window shade and began playing around with the IFE. Flight attendants were up and about above 10,000 handing out hot towels and drinks and snacks and dinner. I think I had the Japanese option. Nothing much else happened except for a few bumps here and there.

6 hours later, we were starting our descent into Tokyo...

Posted Image
Descending through some thick clouds...

Posted Image
Still going...

Posted Image
Japanese landscape

Before landing, I decided to try out the video function on my Cannon to see if I could get quality video as well...

https://www.youtube....4Z7pJMXBP4kH22g

I don't think it was quality....stupid Cannon, it's only good for stills...oh well, enjoy the video...Sorry about the quality...

Once on the ground, it took us a good 10 minutes to taxi to the gate. So, enjoy some of the spots I managed to do in the fog...

Posted Image
ANA 787-8 and Qantas Boeing 747-400

Posted Image
Air Canada 777-300ER and ANA

Posted Image
United Boeing 777-200ER

Posted Image
Korean Air Airbus A330-300

Posted Image
Is that a United Airlines Boeing 787-8? By jove I think it is! First One I spotted...

So, we finally made it to our gate and disembarked. I managed to pass by an Air Canada Boeing 777-300ER on my way out...

Posted Image
Not sure what they're doing here...

Singapore Airlines Flight SQ 12 Part II, NRT-LAX
Departs: 7:15 pm JST
Arrives: 1:10 pm PST
Duration: 9 Hours and 30 minutes

So, we made it through transit security and back to the gate again. It was another half-hour before I got back on the plane to LAX. It was dark outside, so no shots or spots again, sorry. :thumbdown: But, we were on our way after a few minutes of taxiing. Dinner was served and the lights were dimmed so we could sleep. I stayed up a bit to watch a few movies. Afterwards, I tried to pass out. However, the guy in the seat next to mine's was snoring ridiculously loud. :annoyed: I didn't want to be rude and wake him up, so, I just had to take it at that point...

A few hours later, the lights were turned on once more so that breakfast could be served. I think I had the eggs (Western Option). A bit of time after that, we were on our descent into Los Angeles. I raised the shades, hoping I wouldn't get any nasty looks for some picture time...

Posted Image
Ah the Cali Countryside...

Posted Image
Los Angeles

Posted Image
More of Los Angeles

Posted Image
The Los Angeles Skyline

I tried the video function on my cannon again, hoping the better visibility would make a difference.

https://www.youtube....h?v=9RtZ-l9kCOU

It was ok...but still crappy quality...man maybe I should use my Itouch next time...Oh well. Enjoy the landing.

After landing on 24R, we made our day almost to the end of the runway, and out to the gate. It was another glorious spotting opportunity, so I made sure to take a pic of everything I thought was interesting. Enjoy...

Posted Image
Off the active

Posted Image
I have absolutely no clue where these gates are. Maybe those of you who frequent LAX can shed some light on why these gates are here...But, enjoy the Air Tahiti A340-300 and LAN

Posted Image
A LAN 787!!! Tail Registration CC-BBC

Posted Image
Better angle of CC-BBC

Posted Image
FED-EX DC-10F N68051

Posted Image
Two Qantas A380s being serviced with a Volaris A320 getting into the shot as well...

Posted Image
Air France A380 getting some engine maintenance at the gate?

Posted Image
Waiting for our tow and the Asiana Boeing 747-400.

Posted Image
Teeny Tiny Embraer 120...heheh

Edited by shamupilot, 29 April 2014 - 02:48 PM.

#2 shamupilot

shamupilot

Commercial Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,793 posts

Posted 29 April 2014 - 11:25 PM

After successfully docking at the gate, we headed down to Immigration and baggage claim. Being a US Citizen, I got into one of the shorter lines, bypassing some of the horrid non-US citizen lines on my way.  Baggage took a while, which is to be expected for A380 flights...

We made our way back to the check-in for American airlines and got our boarding passes in exchange for our luggage (since the SQ check-in attendant checked our bags to LAS already).
After a harrowing nightmare through security, we finally made it to our gate.

Being sick and jet-lagged is never a fun combination, so the added delay of our American Airlines flight made it all that great as well...

I forget the time and flight number (Sorry, I was too tired at that point to remember, or care...)

Regardless, I made it on to the McDonnell Douglas MD-83, my first Maddog flight ever. The interior was shotty and aged...to be expected. I was put in the back near the engines. After loading the drinks, I pretty much passed out due to lack of sleep from SQ 12, and never took pictures of taxi or take-off (sorry again), but I managed to stay wake long enough to snap the cruising shots and landing. We descended after a good 50 minutes of flight time. Enjoy the desert scenery I call home...

Posted Image
In flight

Posted Image
Interesting when the engines are that close to you. It does get a little noisy :prophead:

Posted Image
Descent over the mountains

Posted Image
Back to Vegas, I think this is Nellis...

Posted Image
Does Anyone know why there is a B on this mountain? Anyone?

Posted Image
On final over some homes...

Posted Image
Finally back home...

That's all folks. Hope you enjoyed!

#3 clively79

clively79

Passenger

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 30 April 2014 - 07:22 AM

The B is Boulder City I believe.

#4 Gunfighter

Gunfighter

Private Pilot - IFR

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 704 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 06:32 PM

B is Boulder City, and then the airport you think is Nellis is actually KHND-Henderson Executive.