No replies to this topic

#1 Father_Jack

Father_Jack

Private Pilot - VFR

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 250 posts

Posted 19 July 2014 - 05:45 PM

So I recently decided to use 'Nick's LightFix' and I love it and I even managed to fiddle around with the strobe.fx files to create a double-blink airbus strobe. But I've got one picky situation I'm now trying to sort out with the navigation lights.

So for the medium aircraft sizes I use fx_navredm.fx and fx_navgrem.fx, the heavys I use fx_navredh.fx and fx_navgreh.fx and I've noticed I can only see the red/green colour when close up to the aircraft. If I am close up, I can see red/green, once I move back a bit (not talking a long distance) it ends up going to a standard white colour. It seems as if the texture file is only noticeable when at a certain distance.

So my question is this. Is it possible to change the distance the texture file becomes 'seeable' in the fx file. Once again, when close up, I can see the red/green fine. Once backing up and spotting for say the tower, it just appears as a white light. The beacon and strobe lights are fine though, the beacon will still appear red at quite some distance.

I have attached two files to demonstrate what I mean.

First one, at a bit of a distance notice how it's just the white light, it isn't shown the green/red texture.

Posted Image

Second one, closer to an aircraft, the closer one shows the red nav light, but the second further aircraft still shows white light instead.

Posted Image

I have a few more things I really want to try tweak too regarding these lights, but hopefully someone can help me try solve this one first? :rolleyes: