#1 forshaw

forshaw

Private Pilot - VFR

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 12 August 2014 - 05:33 PM

Hi all;

I just took delivery of a new Gaming PC (built for FSX) as per my specs to the builder. I had it built will 1x 128GB SanDisk SSD + 1TB 7200RPM Hard Drive. Win7 was loaded on the SanDisk and I installed FSX on the same drive, which MSFX used as the default drive to load it and everything is running fine no problems at all.

My question is, is that the best location to load and run FSX from or should I have loaded it on my other Drive which is the 1TB drive. Is there a difference in terms of better performance on the SanDisk?

My 1TB is totally empty now but the DanDisk only has 50GB free with Win7 and all of the patches finally loaded, FSX and no add-ons. My concern is by the time I load 3rd. party Airports, FX weather.etc.etc and other add-on I may quickly exceed the 50 GB and not able to load anything more on the SSD.

Am I better off just re-installing FSX on the 1TB drive, and not have to worry about space issues 'and what's located where' later down the line?

I have been using FS1- FSX so I have seen it all but this is the 1st time I have my PC set up this way.

Any input and suggestions are welcomed and truly appreciated.

Thanks.
F.