3 replies to this topic

#1 base3012

base3012

Passenger

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 15 August 2014 - 11:11 PM

I am new to the community so if I do something wrong please tell me! thanks!

As I go to the runway, I get everything started up (Preferably my lovely Cessna!), I go to take off and my plane takes a slight left turn. After that I eventually get into to the air and then it goes down hill, I start to stall and my plane is still tilting to the left! Needless to say I do some how get in the air and start flying but that's only when I gain enough speed. . . I go to land and the Cessna doesn't take a left turn as it slows to speed. I can land perfectly! (I am sure I have enough speed upon lift off also)

Can anyone explain why I keep left turning as I enter the air?

Also I have re installed my FSX and Calibrated and re installed my Saitek Pro-Flight Yoke. . (if that helps)

#2 rfresh737

rfresh737

Student Pilot

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 16 August 2014 - 10:07 AM

Which Cessna are you flying? Just curious. Your answer is that your plane is turning to the left at takeoff and climb out (means at high power settings) because primarily of what is called Engine Torque and P-Factor. You need to always correct for this by applying right rudder. Google around and read up on this. All single engine propeller aircraft do this and you must correct for it.

Most importantly, you need to understand what this is and how to correct for it, not just correct for it without understanding what is happening to your Cessna at high power settings. Good luck in your flying!

#3 base3012

base3012

Passenger

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 17 August 2014 - 06:44 PM

Cessna C172SP Skyhawk and thanks for the information I am learning to be a pilot and training with flight sims, I will research on this but unfortunately my rudder pedals are not in yet and its hard to use my rudder without them for my setup.

#4 Micah

Micah

formerly flyboy_14

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,810 posts

Posted 17 August 2014 - 08:48 PM

rfresh737 got it pretty much spot on. As for the lack of rudder pedals, there is an option in the controls menu that will enable you to use an "auto-rudder" that will keep your airplane straight. Hopefully that helps!