#1 CaptainArwin

CaptainArwin

Passenger

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 19 August 2014 - 01:42 PM

Good evening guys!

I have a problem with my FSX in te Bombardier CRJ700.
When i open a free flight, the engines are on. That's no problem, i press CTRL+SHIFT+F1 and my engines are off so i can start them manualy.
But since this morning i can't start my engines good, when i start my first engine it won't start full. N1 goes to a oil press of 48 and then the engine sounds like i turned it off? After that, it sounds like it is back on, and off, and on..... I start engines for a half year know and this never happened to me? What is the problem?
This is the ENGINE START prodecure I use:
APU, on
Parking brakes, set
Throttles, idle
Master ignition, on
Engine 1 starter switch, on

I am a beginner so I don't know that much things :P

Thank you guys!

#2 Micah

Micah

formerly flyboy_14

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,810 posts

Posted 20 August 2014 - 06:59 AM

Is there a button/switch/lever to turn the fuel flow on or off? Seems like that might do it?

#3 CaptainArwin

CaptainArwin

Passenger

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 20 August 2014 - 11:35 AM

Thanks for your response!

But i don't know where that button, switch or lever is. I know the levers under the throttles but they are open (As normal)
At the checklist, I can see at the engine start procedure that the Fuel Flow Valve needs to be open, and the mixture rich Fuel on. But i don't know where to find both

#4 Micah

Micah

formerly flyboy_14

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,810 posts

Posted 20 August 2014 - 08:59 PM

Jets won't have a mixture control like a piston airplane, they'll just have the fuel cutoff switch.

Im not sure what else could be the problem, maybe someone else can weigh in.

#5 rfresh737

rfresh737

Student Pilot

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 22 August 2014 - 09:29 AM

>At the checklist, I can see at the engine start procedure that the Fuel Flow Valve needs to be open and the mixture rich Fuel on. But i don't know where to find both.

@Micah is right. Jets don't have a mixture setting. You should read your checklist more carefully. You have the wrong checklist (not for the CRJ700) if you're reading any kind of mixture setting on your checklist.

@Micah has also found your problem: you need to open the fuel cutoff switch.

It also sounds like you need to look at some CRJ700 tutorials and read the Systems manual to learn more about the engines and their controls.

I have some YouTube Tutorials on the 737NGX that would help you understand jets in general. Yes, I know you're flying the CRJ700 but much of my training material is jet generic, so you would still learn a lot. And it's all free.

My YouTube Channel is here: https://www.youtube....user/rfresh1011

Good luck to you flying the CRJ700.