#1 LucaBrazza

LucaBrazza

Passenger

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 29 August 2014 - 12:06 PM

Hi Everyone,

I am trying to use Microsoft Flight Simulator X w/ SP1 and SP2 and im Midflight, maybe by 15-20 minutes, i click the "Alt" key, it shows the menu bar at the top, I click on one of the options, and BAM... It freezes on me. I get a mix of 2 errors. One error is just "Microsoft Flight Simulator X is not responding." or on the occasional time: "A fatal error has occured". Those errors I get EVERY time I fly, its not just occasional.
I have tried uninstalling FSX and re installing it, Ive tried rebooting, ive tried everything. The addons I have on there are: "FSPassengers", "FSUIPC", and "FSCopilot".

My specs are:
Windows 8.1 Pro (Ive used it before on windows 8.1 Pro and it worked fine.It also never did it on Win 7 So don't say its windows 8. Posted Image)
Processor: Intel® Core™ i5-2400S CPU @ 2.50GHz  2.50 GHz
Installed Memory (RAM) : 4.00GB
System Type : 64-bit Operating System, x64-based processor.
Pen and Touch: Limited Touch Support with 2 Touch Points.

Please Help, If you need any more information, please post below and I will find it out ASAP.

Luca B

#2 SwitchFX

SwitchFX

formerly TeleFarsi_Airlines818

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,764 posts

Posted 29 August 2014 - 12:33 PM

Remove add-ons one by one and see which one affects game stability. Common sense 101.

#3 LucaBrazza

LucaBrazza

Passenger

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 29 August 2014 - 01:41 PM

@SwitchFX  don't be so rude. If ive re installed it loads of times, without addons don't you think it would have stopped? Common sense 101.

#4 _BD6_

_BD6_

June '10 Screenshot Hotshot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,577 posts

Posted 02 September 2014 - 12:34 PM

Yeah don't be a dick, bro.

Luca, FSX is extremely sensititive with over-usage of the menu. One of the solutions to this is usually the uiautomationcore.dll fix. A quick google search will yield you some results on how to go about doing this real simple fix.

#5 SwitchFX

SwitchFX

formerly TeleFarsi_Airlines818

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,764 posts

Posted 02 September 2014 - 04:14 PM

Overtly sensitivities aside...

Common sense would dictate clean uninstalls are unheard of in a Windows environment. If the initial install was plagued with errors outside the scope of BD6's recommendation, it would carry over to all new installs each and every time. Generally speaking, FSX is finicky software and has been since day one. I gave up on FSX and took up XPlane and other simulators.

Edited by SwitchFX, 02 September 2014 - 04:14 PM.