1 reply to this topic

#1 CaptCranwell

CaptCranwell

Passenger

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 28 October 2014 - 03:46 PM

:capt: :capt: :capt:Hi everyone, following my earlier post (download probems) I am pleased to say that the problem is now sorted. I had the same problem as several members --(removing applications ) then stopping... This is caused by corrupted files in your registry.  The first thing to do Is to clean the registry with a GOOD registry cleaner .I used --TUNE UP UTILITIES 2012 ---make sure the registry is totally cleaned of all old & corrupt files & then Defrag the Registry...When complete insert your FSX CD disc into your disc drive & on computer screen when disc shows in disc drive --click INSTALL --you will get the FSX options screen ---click INSTALL --a BLACK Blank screen appears then a small screen (top right corner) and program begins --when it gets to --UNSTALLING APPLICATIONS --it will appear to stop after 5 blue squares ---DO NOT do anything ---just leave it --it may take a while but just leave it as it is ( I waited 15 minutes ) eventually the program began downloading --as normal --I inserted disc 2 when prompted and the program carried on downloading to the end --Then just follow the onscreen instructions to register ect. ---SUCCESS AT LAST ---hope this helps those members experiencing the same problem that I had -----GOOD LUCK ---Cranwell

#2 Buziel-411_RED

Buziel-411_RED

Screenshot Hotshot Nov '11

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,042 posts

Posted 28 October 2014 - 03:58 PM

Glad to know you fixed the problem! Happy flying!