#1 ferrc5041

ferrc5041

Passenger

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 18 January 2015 - 02:49 AM

Hey everyone,
         New member here, and just wanted to tell everyone I am glad to be part of the community and to say "Hello". My interest with aviation and flight began when I was a young kid and took       in my first airshow. I came from a family of mostly engineers in various fields, but one of the coolest to hear stories from was my own Grandfather, who worked as an Engineer with NASA during the Gemini and Apollo days. My favorite aircraft would definitely be the SR-71... I was infatuated with this jet, as a lot of us aviation heads are, at just the engineering marvel it was... the records it held... and the collective knowledge and expertise that went into practice a half a century ago to make this bird. No matter what may come out next... it will always hold a special place in my heart of hearts for aircraft.

I am fairly new to flight simming, but it is growing on me very quick.

I made my very first flight video of taking my AlphaSim SR-71 up to around 90,000 out of Edwards.... I was seeing how far I could push its operational ceiling, but my KEAS was drooping into
        the problematic range..... so I got her up to about 91,000 at MACH 3 before descending.... anymore loss of KEAS at that point would have resulted in an Unstart condition.

The video came out pretty good I think for my first one.... it is Full HD, and to the "Apollo Main Theme" music of James Horner. It is about 10:00 long... but encompasses Engine Start, through checks, to Landing.

Anyways, I am thrilled to be a part of other aviation and sim heads around here...
Here is a link to the Video for those that would like to check it out..... https://www.youtube....h?v=sErm6GPFkL0

Till next time,
                                  Casey

#2 FSRobert

FSRobert

Commercial Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,375 posts

Posted 03 February 2015 - 11:11 AM

Cassy, you can tell the SR71 is in your heart. Great video and for being your time around plus being new to the hobby...seems you got the right stuff.  

Very true about the mavel with the SR71 during its time but, I feel the bravery of the test pilots squezzing into the cockpit and running the SR71 through it´s passes is also a marvel.

I was in Washington DC a few summers back and visited the space musesum and saw that Gemmini space craft and at once the feeling hit me as to the bravery to the people who got in them and rocketed up into space.

...do you live in the inter or outer circle?