#1 fishblade2

fishblade2

Passenger

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 02 August 2015 - 11:55 AM

Hello to everyone,

I am new to the forum and flight simulator completely. I am trying to start off the right way with the proper build. There are two major things that I like in flight simulator and Xplane and that is the diversity of the planes and their cockpit formats. I have been researching many products that can be bought to make flying more immersive but I have found that you either buy materials that are for a 737 lover or just piece random things together to form your own cockpit. To me that takes away the fun of the game since I love the different cockpit styles and setups and I don't want to spend a fortune on all the different materials that would be in one type of plane. So here's my idea. I have been watching videos of individuals flying and I have though since you can span your view into three monitors would it be possible to use 9 touchscreen monitors and spread the view among them all? I want to continue to fly in the cockpit view not glass cockpit style but I hate how small all the gauges are and how many times you have to look around the whole cockpit. I'm hoping this idea would work becuase it is rising many questions in my head. I know there is a 3d and 2d cockpit view and so would the cockpit be able to stretch completely out to see all the knobs visually or would the game refrain from that feature and still make you see the limited view just stretched over many monitors? If the whole cockpit was shown between the monitors would they still be so small that I would have to Zoom in or have the problem of trying to use the touchscreen to flip on switch and flip the wrong one.  Also would having big enough tvs to stretch the cockpit view of a 737 out distort the view of a small plane such as a piper cub? I am just trying to make a still immersive game without buying a ton of equipment that has programming problems and tons of wires. I have also thought maybe just stretch it over the 3 middle and 3 lower tvs and leave the top three to attach undocked overhead looks as well as having may 2 other smaller monitors angles on the left and right of the chair for the switches on the far right and left of the plane. Again if this could work how would any of you suggest to do it and could you think of any issues such as things getting cutt off or issues with this working for any plane for either FSX or XPlane??