2 replies to this topic

#1 IonicRipper

IonicRipper

Passenger

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 08 December 2015 - 09:56 AM

Learning the basics of the PMDG 777, did the tutorial that comes with the plane and went very well. I'm now trying to make a flight plan on my own; I'm trying to make a simple short route from Montreal (CYMX) to Boston (KBOS) but no matter what route i use from whatever flight plan website i try i can never get the route to intercept the STAR correctly.

I'm new to all this flight planning with SIDs and STARs (I'm more used to flying the A-10 on DCS.) Even asked a friend to send me a flight plan made on his copy of PFPX and still wouldnt work correctly. I'm probably doing something wrong but cant for the life of me figure out what. If its my entry process or if the route/STAR i'm inputting simply aren't compatible?

#2 IonicRipper

IonicRipper

Passenger

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 09 December 2015 - 10:36 PM

Basically I'm looking for tips on how to link my routes with STARs properly

#3 Flapmonkey

Flapmonkey

Passenger

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 06 November 2016 - 12:41 PM

Well, basicly you ned the low level charts to know which point your are entering the Control area. The last point of your flight plan is the point that have the name of the STAR arival. So if you have the last point in the flightplan being Houston VOR, the STAR could be HOUSTON 1A arival for instance. (making it up, don't know Houston at all) Or 2B etc etc depending on specific variations of the STAR and aircraft etc etc.. .
Then after the arival could be a transition... Being the conection from the end of that STAR to an ILS Approach or NON precision approach or whatever approach is in use. So you can easy sit with 3 (or more plates) to a bigger airport, To connect the arival correct in the FMC and you better NOT F..k it up, because that Will be the end of your career :-)

If you look at the map, you have to look at the low level waypoints around that airport. Then some of that points Will properbly have the same name as some of the Arrivals in your FMC. The meaning being that you are arriving VIA that point, to that specific airport. Via that specific standard arrival procedure. (STAR)

Hope that make sense :-)