No replies to this topic

#1 who4ever

who4ever

Passenger

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 05 November 2016 - 07:44 AM

I have a Saitek X45 Joystick/Throttle.  I want to use it with FS9 (2004) installed on a Windows 10 computer.  I've always found the combination of the X45 with FS9 frustrating which is probably why I've never stuck with Flight simming, but for the first time in 12 years, I realized why.  The throttle does not work in the lower 20% and the upper 20% of the airplane's engine speed.  When I fully pull back on the throttle, I am still not at engine idle speed and have to use the mouse/pointer to make final adjustments on the instrument panel's throttle.  Same at full speed.  I have always wondered why I can't go faster!!!  Now I see that full throttle on the X45 is not full throttle on the airplane.  In order to get full throttle, like engine idle, I have to use the mouse/pointer on the instrument panel.  Yes, I have calibrated it through the FS9 program.  Maybe there is a better way.  Assuming I have explained my question well enough, can anyone tell me what's going on and how to fix it?  And, yes, I have Googled it and will continue to do so, but I figured I would ask here also.  Thanks, Dave