- - - - -

What Sim is everyone running these days ?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 raybbj

raybbj

Private Pilot - IFR

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 534 posts

Posted 16 November 2016 - 03:28 PM

I used to sim a lot back between 2006 and 2010 with FSX. I still have my FSX PC and yoke, pedals, throttles, SAITEK panels, Track IR, etc. I want to get back into simming but I don't know if I should dust off the old FSX PC on XP, or should I buy Xplane 11 and install on my i7 PC.

What sim are most people running these days every since MS stopped dev'ing MS Flight Sim?

Thanks
Ray

#2 Ubeans2001

Ubeans2001

Private Pilot - IFR

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 640 posts

Posted 16 November 2016 - 09:22 PM

Wow.. it's been years since I logged on the forums. And sad to see that the community itself has died down over the ears. Kinda expected though with MS shutting down its Flight Simulator studios, etc. I was HUGE on simming from 2006-2010 and even made sceneries for FS9 (Mach-1 Design Group). I was actually trying to find the time to install FS9 onto my computer since I'm so used to it and wanna bring back some of the nostalgia. I can finally say with confidence I'll get to 200FPS with today's technology haha.

Gonna keep scouring the forums to see what dusty treasures I can find!

#3 raybbj

raybbj

Private Pilot - IFR

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 534 posts

Posted 17 November 2016 - 12:37 AM

Yup, Very sad to see this place die. I used to be on this forum every day. I was surprised to even see someone respond to my thread.

#4 Aussie_flyer

Aussie_flyer

Passenger

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 29 December 2016 - 11:21 AM

FS9!!!

So smooth. Never a Oom, ctc or need for tweaking to get good performance. With EVO textures, FE9 sky and horizon textures, it has never looked so good. :)