14 replies to this topic

#1 Berky

Berky

Airline Transport Pilot

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,122 posts

Posted 20 September 2004 - 05:22 PM

Hey, I recently (2 hours ago) started AFCAD design, and I basically don't know much... I couldn't find the tutorials sarge was talking about... but I think I figured it out... I just don't know how to make gates and buildings and stuff... :o  which is alot.  Anyway... here is my first AFCAD "thing"

Hendrix International Airport (AGGD) is located somewhere near the Soloman Islands that doesn't have an airport already on it.... it is: S13*52.43 by E167*28.02 .

My concerns:

- The Airport goes into the water
- The texture hight messes it up
- Will it work?  :D

I don't know how to put in FS, so could someone please tell.

here is the AFCAD design:

Posted Image

#2 SargeJr3

SargeJr3

Gallery Manager

• Gallery Manager
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,067 posts

Posted 20 September 2004 - 05:23 PM

Looks great,

To fix the water problem you need to use ez-landclass to change the postition or move the airport

#3 Berky

Berky

Airline Transport Pilot

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,122 posts

Posted 20 September 2004 - 05:27 PM

scavers, on Sep 20 2004, 05:23 PM, said:

Looks great,

To fix the water problem you need to use ez-landclass to change the postition or move the airport
where can i get that?  Thanks for your help :D

and btw, this is a HUGE runway, so big jets can get it, but mostly for fun.

it is 200ft wide and over 10000ft long.

#4 Greeney

Greeney

Orville Reincarnate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,882 posts

Posted 20 September 2004 - 05:30 PM

holly ###### your nuts 10000 foost runway and like no parking space.....make sure u do HPN update next :D

#5 Berky

Berky

Airline Transport Pilot

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,122 posts

Posted 20 September 2004 - 05:31 PM

rockinTheskYs777, on Sep 20 2004, 05:30 PM, said:

holly ###### your nuts 10000 foost runway and like no parking space.....make sure u do HPN update next :o
the title says INCOMPLETE  :D

#6 SmartJunco

SmartJunco

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,509 posts

Posted 20 September 2004 - 06:20 PM

rockinTheskYs777, on Sep 20 2004, 05:30 PM, said:

holly ###### your nuts 10000 foost runway and like no parking space.....make sure u do HPN update next :D
I would love that. I want a big a$$ runway to test fly my newly downloaded airplanes. That would Kick ######.

#7 IBtheSarge

IBtheSarge

First Class Member

• 10,718 posts

Posted 20 September 2004 - 07:09 PM

I couldn't find the tutorials sarge was talking about
Upper tool bar for AFCAD, "Help" then "Help" again .... brings up the user manual.

just don't know how to make gates and buildings and stuff
For buildings you need FSSC.  Gates -- look in the upper left of AFCAD, there's a green circle with a box next to it describing the size of the circle, and a little arrow to get a drop-down menu.  Those are the parking spaces (various sizes) and three of them are "gates" (GATE SMALL, GATE MEDIUM, GATE HEAVY).

Hendrix International Airport (AGGD) is located somewhere near the Soloman Islands that doesn't have an airport
Copy cat!   :o   Goto my site http://www.sargeusa.com, click on the Flight Simulation banner, then click on the left side menu "Downloads" "Airports" and look for my PSGT v1.0 -- that's my private airstrip on the north end of Palau.   :D

And that wouldn't by any chance be Jimi Hendrix International Airport, would it?   :o

#8 Greeney

Greeney

Orville Reincarnate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,882 posts

Posted 20 September 2004 - 07:16 PM

20bucks says it is haha

#9 Berky

Berky

Airline Transport Pilot

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,122 posts

Posted 20 September 2004 - 07:16 PM

sarge, on Sep 20 2004, 07:09 PM, said:

And that wouldn't by any chance be Jimi Hendrix International Airport, would it?   :D
Yes it would  :o

#10 IBtheSarge

IBtheSarge

First Class Member

• 10,718 posts

Posted 20 September 2004 - 08:27 PM

Berky, on Sep 20 2004, 08:16 PM, said:

And that wouldn't by any chance be Jimi Hendrix International Airport, would it?   :o
:D  B)  :o   Now all we need is 737 (or similar) with livery that screams Purple Haze!!!!!

#11 Berky

Berky

Airline Transport Pilot

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,122 posts

Posted 20 September 2004 - 08:29 PM

sarge, on Sep 20 2004, 08:27 PM, said:

Berky, on Sep 20 2004, 08:16 PM, said:

And that wouldn't by any chance be Jimi Hendrix International Airport, would it?   :o
:D  B)  :o   Now all we need is 737 (or similar) with livery that screams Purple Haze!!!!!
lol, also, how do you get the AFCAD airport to display in FS2004? what files do i need to drag and stuff?  Or is it already there?

#12 Berky

Berky

Airline Transport Pilot

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,122 posts

Posted 20 September 2004 - 08:45 PM

HOW DO YOU GET THE TREES OUT OF THE WAY?
Posted Image

#13 Berky

Berky

Airline Transport Pilot

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,122 posts

Posted 20 September 2004 - 10:17 PM

LATEST UPDATE.  i know the gates aren't connected or something, but I will learn how to do that...  :D
Posted Image

#14 IBtheSarge

IBtheSarge

First Class Member

• 10,718 posts

Posted 20 September 2004 - 11:37 PM

Berky, on Sep 20 2004, 09:29 PM, said:

sarge, on Sep 20 2004, 08:27 PM, said:

:D  :o  :o   Now all we need is 737 (or similar) with livery that screams Purple Haze!!!!!
lol, also, how do you get the AFCAD airport to display in FS2004? what files do i need to drag and stuff?  Or is it already there?
There are a couple/three ways to do it; here's how I do it (especially since you're going to add scenery with FSSC later) and it works 100% of the time:

1.  Browse to your FS9 main directory, find the folder AddOn Scenery and switch into that folder.

2.  Make a folder using the ICAO of the airport, AGGD.  You should now have a path {FS9}/AddOn Scenery/AGGD.

3.  Switch into the AGGD folder.  Make a new folder, Scenery, and another new folder, Texture (you'll need this when you start making the scenery).  You should now have:  {FS9}/AddOn Scenery/AGGD, {FS9}/AddOn Scenery/AGGD/Scenery, and {FS9}/AddOn Scenery/AGGD/Texture.

4.  Open AGGD in AFCAD and under "File" select "Save As" and point AFCAD to the {FS9}/AddOn Scenery/AGGD/Scenery folder.  It will save AF2_AGGD.bgl into that directory and will go to that directory to retrieve when you open it later.

5.  Open FS9, select Scenery Libary, select Add Area and a new window will open up.  Browse to {FS9}/AddOn Scenery/AGGD and click it once to highlight it.  Click on "Ok" at the bottom of the new window (that should close it), and then click "Ok" at the bottom right of the Scenery Library window.

6.  Close FS9 and complete exit from it.  The next time you open FS9, select airport and enter AGGD in the upper center box of the airports screen.  Then click "Fly Now" and it should put you someone on the airport.  (If you've set your starting points, it will set you on one of them, depending on the wind direction at the time you enter the sim.)

#15 IBtheSarge

IBtheSarge

First Class Member

• 10,718 posts

Posted 20 September 2004 - 11:44 PM

Berky, on Sep 20 2004, 09:45 PM, said:

HOW DO YOU GET THE TREES OUT OF THE WAY?
For that, you need to create an exclusion area that will eliminate all the autogens in the boundaries of that area, and that will take FSSC.  For now, just set your realism to ignore crash and damage so you can move around the airport .... need to get as much of the AFCAD done as possible before messing with FSSC.

LATEST UPDATE. i know the gates aren't connected or something, but I will learn how to do that...
That's simple enough to do, once you have the layout down.  Look in the user manual on how to make the centerline for the runway and then how to make taxiway links, taxiway lines, apron routes (taxi lines but NOT part of a taxiway, they're on the parking aprons instead), starting points, and hold short nodes.

Get your taxiways and ramp areas laid out first .... linking them up will come after you have all the surfaces where you want them.