5 replies to this topic

#1 frank

frank

Contributor

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 653 posts

Posted 21 October 2004 - 04:51 PM

FS Flight Ventures adds a sense of purpose to your Flight Simulator experience.

Instead of flying around randomly, this new expansion pack for Flight Simulator 2004 injects endless hours of adventurous and challenging flights to your computer sessions.

FS Flight Ventures is a set of more than 25 exciting missions that will have you rescuing sinking ships, aiding stranded skiers, saving lost animals, preventing disasters, and much more.

After you start Flight Simulator, you're automatically positoned at the defined starting location ready to go. Follow the briefing screen on the kneeboard and fly the mission.

None of the missions are alike. As the chief pilot you'll be asked to demonstrate your versatile flying skills. Good luck handling all of the varied assignments.

Posted ImagePosted Image

Edited by Brad, 23 October 2004 - 05:57 PM.

#2 Brad

Brad

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,796 posts

Posted 23 October 2004 - 05:54 PM

Moved the images in your post here into another post Frank, to keep those large images off the front page.  SOP.  :o  Oh, and good work! :D

Posted Image

Celebrity Wedding
Posted Image

Posted Image

Monster Hunting
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Oil Spill
Posted Image

Egyptian Pyramid Tour
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Storm Spotter
Posted Image

Hunt for the UFO
Posted Image

Posted Image

#3 Fox

Fox

Contributor

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,496 posts

Posted 24 October 2004 - 03:33 PM

Look like it could be fun. Something different at least. :D

I'll have to check it out.

#4 flying_eagle

flying_eagle

Student Pilot

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 96 posts

Posted 25 October 2004 - 12:25 PM

I gotta admit. This looks like a great waste of money like a lot of abbacus earlyer releases :D

#5 frank

frank

Contributor

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 653 posts

Posted 25 October 2004 - 09:41 PM

flying_eagle, on Oct 25 2004, 12:25 PM, said:

I gotta admit. This looks like a great waste of money like a lot of abbacus earlyer releases :D
Come on now... criticism is one thing, but knocking the company just because they put out some bad items in the past is just being piss poor. This package is actually pretty cool, it gives you something to do, a goal or a mission of sorts.

Actually, your comment alone is kinda hippacritical seeing as they are trying to publish packages that add some flare to the game. I suppose you just enjoy the same old same old flying from one airport to the other.

It does not seem like you have tried any of their most recent packages, WWII carrier ops, Vietnam Carrier Ops, Chopper Havok, etc. Actually done with some of the designers that created the aircraft everyone raved about before the designers sold them to Abacus. Or how about FSGenesis? or Cernado? All contributers to packages sold with the Abacus name. Are they a waste of money? I am sure the companies would not be in business if it was.

You should see how this package opens up a whole new range of features for Flight Simulator and makes way for a new series of releases for the game that give you a purpose. The outcome of the missions actually changes dependant upon what you do and how you perform.

I think instead of jumping to conclusions, you should give it a shot. You may just change your mind.

#6 flying_eagle

flying_eagle

Student Pilot

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 96 posts

Posted 27 October 2004 - 08:03 AM

Hi Frank!

Guess i were a bit fast on my conclusions. The fact is that i have had bad experience with abbacus from before. :D  I Love FSGenesis! Did not even know that they were a sistercompany of abbacus. The only program i am pleased with was Gary Smiths fsrepainter :o

However, i think there is to many better payaddons and freeware addons out there for me to give it a shot. I don't have that much money to try out something i'm not sure about its quality.

Howerver, its a great idea from abaccus. What about if some of us could go together and make various missions, maybe some simple scenery to it and make a site were we make new missions countiniousely? Would have been fun :o

Daniel