5 replies to this topic

#1 F/O James

F/O James

Commercial Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,230 posts

Posted 07 November 2004 - 02:25 AM

i am making an airport Called Wallaby Field, and Ive got the Apron and Taxyways and runway, but the trees are in the way how can i get rid of them?
Posted Image

#2 IBtheSarge

IBtheSarge

First Class Member

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,718 posts

Posted 07 November 2004 - 03:05 AM

F/O James, on Nov 7 2004, 03:25 AM, said:

i am making an airport Called Wallaby Field, and Ive got the Apron and Taxyways and runway, but the trees are in the way how can i get rid of them?
Two ways:

1.  Without going to another program, you can make an exclusion for the airport area by adding a line to the scenery.cfg file in the main FS9 directory.  (Look in the tutorial for AFCAD; there's a link to Microsoft's Flight Sim page where it will tell you how to create an exclusion statement.)  You will need to add the statement to the [Area.xxx] part of scenery.cfg for the area of the world your airport is in.

2.  Using a scenery creation program (such as Derek Leung's Flight Simulator Scenery Creator), you can create a scenery file (another .bgl) that contains the exclusion information.  It's a little more complicated than doing the exclusion in the scenery.cfg file, but the advantage is that you don't mess with the default configuration; and, if you choose to make your design available publicly, the additional .bgl file is a lot easier to install than detailing instructions for others on how to modify the scenery.cfg file.

Let me know which way you decide to go and I may be able to offer you some help.

#3 F/O James

F/O James

Commercial Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,230 posts

Posted 07 November 2004 - 11:43 PM

where can i get the second one?

#4 IBtheSarge

IBtheSarge

First Class Member

• 10,718 posts

Posted 08 November 2004 - 12:49 AM

F/O James, on Nov 8 2004, 12:43 AM, said:

where can i get the second one?
http://www.fssc.avsi.../downloads.html

It's listed as "for FS2002" but it also works with FS2004.  Be sure you go through the tutorial before actually trying to work with it.

If you run into problems, give a yell.

#5 F/O James

F/O James

Commercial Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,230 posts

Posted 08 November 2004 - 03:39 AM

problems!!! i installed it but it say cant find magnetic variance!! please locate fs9, i located ti but it doesnt work?

#6 IBtheSarge

IBtheSarge

First Class Member

• 10,718 posts

Posted 08 November 2004 - 09:09 AM

F/O James, on Nov 8 2004, 04:39 AM, said:

problems!!! i installed it but it say cant find magnetic variance!! please locate fs9, i located ti but it doesnt work?
Did you identify your airport in "Edit" (top toolbar) "Scenery Properties"?  That's the only info it needs to determine the mag variance; it uses that data to search FS9's config files for the info of the area in which your airport is located.