2 replies to this topic

#1 cpjeneous2

cpjeneous2

Student Pilot

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 10 November 2004 - 09:01 AM

ok i have downloaded and installed the simflyers aiports....KLAX, KPHX, KORD, KDFW, now i have a question does the AFCAD files for this airport work with these airports................because when iam a SOUTHWEST airlnes i line up with AMERICAN airlines how can i change that...............where the SOUTHWEST has SOUTHWEST and AMERICAN has AMERICAN and DELTA has DELTA terminals what do i do....................

#2 IBtheSarge

IBtheSarge

First Class Member

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,718 posts

Posted 10 November 2004 - 09:09 AM

cpjeneous2, on Nov 10 2004, 10:01 AM, said:

ok i have downloaded and installed the simflyers aiports....KLAX, KPHX, KORD, KDFW, now i have a question does the AFCAD files for this airport work with these airports................because when iam a SOUTHWEST airlnes i line up with AMERICAN airlines how can i change that...............where the SOUTHWEST has SOUTHWEST and AMERICAN has AMERICAN and DELTA has DELTA terminals what do i do....................
The AFCAD files for SimFlyers "can" be altered using the AFCAD program.  However, remember one thing: changing the SimFlyers' AFCAD for those airports will not only affect your aircraft -- it will affect other aircraft locations as well.  You will have to keep a balance; if you move Southwest somewhere, whatever is there now will have to be moved somewhere else.

ATC assigns parking based on the following:
1.  Correct sized parking spot, airline is the first one designated for that spot.
2.  Correct sized parking spot, airline is the 2nd one designated for that spot.
3.  Correct sized parking spot, no airline designated for that spot.
4.  First available correct sized parking spot, no matter what airline is designated.

It runs that list top to bottom until it finds the first match.  So, if you simply add Southwest as the third airline for a parking spot, there's no guarantee that it will go there; because ATC doesn't even look at the third designation for a spot.  And if you move whatever is in the spot you want to go to, to a spot where IT is the third designation, same thing will happen with that airline.  It's a domino effect, so be careful when you re-align things.

And remember, airlines don't always park together -- where they park is determined by which gates the airline has contracted with airport management to use AND their availability based on other airlines who share those gates.

#3 IBtheSarge

IBtheSarge

First Class Member

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,718 posts

Posted 10 November 2004 - 11:02 PM

Did you get my email?  Did it help?