12 replies to this topic

#1 SmartJunco

SmartJunco

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,509 posts

Posted 15 November 2004 - 07:21 PM

Now you all know me as not a huge FS creator or not a creator at all  :D But I am going to make Paine Field better than FS portrays it to be. Basically simple tasks like make the Building hangers bigger and the tarmac bigger where they roll out the planes a bigger area. And also a bridge where a highway connecting the boeing plant to Paine Field (A highway or road is underneath the bridge).

Now I am thinking this will take me a month, but knowing myself It will probably be two months. Why It will take so long is because I want to get it accurate and go to Everett (that is about 30-40 miles north of where I live) and take photos of the area so I can get it just right.

Here is a crappy edited in Paint image of what I am meaning for those who have never been near the NorthWest. or Paine Field.
Posted Image

As you can see the rollout area cant even fit a 737 near it nor a 747 so Ill expand that. As for the bridge, well it just dosent exsist in FS, its a slab of cement over a road so ill increase the elevation of the area where the hangar is (Avoding makeing a ramp) and have the road under it. And for the Hanger Ill try to have one door open (out of many) and take photos of the Images they have on the hangar doors and post them on the FS hanger. Maybe Ill even put an aircraft in the hanger but that will test my skills :o .  

Just letting you know what I am doing and Hope to relese it after Christmas. Oh and any suggestions? I am happy to hear what you have to say.

#2 notadrater

notadrater

Airline Transport Pilot

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,686 posts

Posted 15 November 2004 - 07:23 PM

Good luck.

#3 SmartJunco

SmartJunco

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,509 posts

Posted 15 November 2004 - 07:30 PM

GAA! I just relized now I have to beg Boeing and Paine Field people to let me on their property on a weekend  :D

#4 IBtheSarge

IBtheSarge

First Class Member

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,718 posts

Posted 15 November 2004 - 09:40 PM

SmartJunco, on Nov 15 2004, 08:30 PM, said:

GAA! I just relized now I have to beg Boeing and Paine Field people to let me on their property on a weekend  :o
Hey, if begging works, GO FOR IT!!!!  When you get in touch with them, tell them the reason you want to get a first hand look.  They may like the fact that someone is going to make an ACCURATE representation of their areas, and then share that enhancement with fellow sim'ers around the world.

If you talk real nice, they may even give you copies of topographical maps, construction elevations, etc.

If it takes FOUR months, so what?  Go for it!!!!!!   :D

#5 SargeJr3

SargeJr3

Gallery Manager

• Gallery Manager
  • 10,067 posts

Posted 15 November 2004 - 09:46 PM

Definatly do what Sarge said.

#6 Mango

Mango

Contributor\First Class Member

• 11,952 posts

Posted 15 November 2004 - 11:23 PM

Great idea !  :o  :D

#7 WingWarrior.

WingWarrior.

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,761 posts

Posted 15 November 2004 - 11:31 PM

Sweet :D Can't wait :o I've been looking for good scenery for Boeing Field

#8 alexho12002

alexho12002

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,110 posts

Posted 15 November 2004 - 11:42 PM

Cool! :D

#9 SmartJunco

SmartJunco

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,509 posts

Posted 17 November 2004 - 08:04 PM

Wow, Major setbacks to my project. I called up boeing and asked about the tour center they have. Well its only open M-F and Closes for a month in December. I have no days off let alone my perents until December! It would make sence to go on an early relase or after school but its 35 MILES AWAY! Plus there last tour of the day is at 3pm. So I will go to plan B whitch is call up Paine Field and see if I can get on the tarmac. I am predicting it will come out February 7th 2005 at the latest :o But I could make it sooner depending on Paine Fields decision to let me go or not. Oh and sarge I am not done begging yet. Ill see if I could slip in sometime  :D

#10 cyprus

cyprus

Private Pilot - IFR

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 809 posts

Posted 21 November 2004 - 02:09 PM

i wish you luck !

#11 RadRig211

RadRig211

Orville Reincarnate

• Members/Edit
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,823 posts

Posted 27 November 2004 - 04:28 PM

Sweet! I went there in August! :D Lets hope you come close to the real thing :o  :o  :o

#12 JayKee

JayKee

formerly Capt Blaze

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,112 posts

Posted 03 December 2004 - 04:28 PM

Sweet and good luck!

#13 Awesumus Pwntius

Awesumus Pwntius

Commercial Pilot

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,920 posts

Posted 07 January 2008 - 01:06 AM

Be really nice if someone can take over for Simflyers and where they left off. Real shame as I was looking forward to that scenery.