7 replies to this topic

#1 UltimatePilotAce

UltimatePilotAce

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,631 posts

Posted 25 February 2005 - 11:57 PM

Alright, Ive been working on KMSP v 1.0 as my very first AFCAD project.  It is half done, but it is as real as it gets, with the 17/35 runway under construction.  I have moved many taxiways and aprons, etc.  My question is, won't the FS2004 Airport Buildings be off center, or not where they are supposed to be if I have moved the taxiways around?  And If so, is there a way to move these buildings so they will match with the taxiways and aprons I moved?

Thanks, UPA

#2 Tom.D

Tom.D

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,251 posts

Posted 26 February 2005 - 12:05 AM

what do you mean by off center? got any pics?

#3 Tom.D

Tom.D

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,251 posts

Posted 26 February 2005 - 12:07 AM

Ok when you move the taxiways, aprons etc. the buildings will stay where they are, so you may have to move the buildings, but im not too sure how too.

#4 UltimatePilotAce

UltimatePilotAce

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,631 posts

Posted 26 February 2005 - 12:10 AM

Tom.D, on Feb 26 2005, 12:07 AM, said:

Ok when you move the taxiways, aprons etc. the buildings will stay where they are, so you may have to move the buildings, but im not too sure how too.
Okay, thats what I was asking, and thats what I thought, Thanks Tom D.!

Now I need help finding a program that can move FS2004 scenery, Any others *cough* sarge *cough*?

#5 UltimatePilotAce

UltimatePilotAce

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,631 posts

Posted 26 February 2005 - 01:38 AM

Actually Nevermind, its not gonna be worth moving just a little bit

#6 IBtheSarge

IBtheSarge

First Class Member

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,718 posts

Posted 26 February 2005 - 02:55 AM

UltimatePilotAce, on Feb 26 2005, 12:57 AM, said:

Alright, Ive been working on KMSP v 1.0 as my very first AFCAD project.  It is half done, but it is as real as it gets, with the 17/35 runway under construction.  I have moved many taxiways and aprons, etc.  My question is, won't the FS2004 Airport Buildings be off center, or not where they are supposed to be if I have moved the taxiways around?  And If so, is there a way to move these buildings so they will match with the taxiways and aprons I moved?

Thanks, UPA
I've never been able to figure out a way to "move" any of the default FS9 LibraryObjects or autogens.  What you would have to do is create an exclusion to get rid of the default buildings, then use a scenery placement program (like FSSC, Runway 12 Object Placer, etc., or write your own XML code and compile it to .bgl format) to place new objects that you create or d/l from places like AVSim.

Check in over at the new Flight Simulator Development sub-forum for Scenery and Terrain Development.  If you have reworked the AFCAD, you may be able to get one of the folks in there who are into/getting into scenery design to work with you to exclude the defaults and put new objects in, in the corrected locations.

#7 UltimatePilotAce

UltimatePilotAce

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,631 posts

Posted 26 February 2005 - 04:18 PM

Okay, all I need to do is get rid of the default auto gen to make room for MSP's new runway and the SCA and CA new Hangars, How can I get rid of these buildings and scenery textures so it looks normal.

#8 IBtheSarge

IBtheSarge

First Class Member

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,718 posts

Posted 07 March 2005 - 10:37 AM

UltimatePilotAce, on Feb 26 2005, 05:18 PM, said:

Okay, all I need to do is get rid of the default auto gen to make room for MSP's new runway and the SCA and CA new Hangars, How can I get rid of these buildings and scenery textures so it looks normal.
Now you're moving away from AFCAD and into scenery design/manipulation.  There are three ways to do an exlude:

1.  Add an exclude switch into the appropriate area [Area.xxx] of the scenery.cfg file (in the main FS9 directory).  If you go to the top toolbar of AFCAD, click on Help, then select Help in that pop-up list, you'll get to the AFCAD tutorial.  In the tutorial, click Edit then Find and search for "exclude"; you'll find a link to the MSFS page where it describes how to make an exclude switch.

2.  Use a scenery program like Derek Leung's Flight Simulator Scenery Creator.  You'll have to establish your airport in Edit, Scenery Properties first; then, once you have an area outlined with gray lines, right-click anywhere in the box and select Misc Objects, Exclude, and define the area you want all that stuff to disappear.  (Be sure to go through Derek's tutorial before you do that.)

3.  Write an exclude in XML and compile it to BGL with bglcomp.exe (in the bglcomp_SDK).  I haven't finished the tutorial on how to do that yet, but I'm working on it.