5 replies to this topic

#1 Cheech

Cheech

formerly flyguy9eye

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,022 posts

Posted 26 February 2005 - 09:06 PM

Im building a brand new AFCAD file for one of my favourite airports (Okotoks) and I am stuck at one part. I have all the info (so far) ready except for one thing. What is the displaced thres  and   overrun area ?

#2 SargeJr3

SargeJr3

Gallery Manager

• Gallery Manager
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,067 posts

Posted 26 February 2005 - 09:27 PM

the displaced threshold and overrun area is a peice of concrete, before the runway,

#3 Cheech

Cheech

formerly flyguy9eye

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,022 posts

Posted 26 February 2005 - 09:28 PM

oh threshold....i thought thres was thee whole word....nvm i already knew that. Thanks scavers.

#4 SargeJr3

SargeJr3

Gallery Manager

• Gallery Manager
  • 10,067 posts

Posted 26 February 2005 - 09:29 PM

Renegade, on Feb 26 2005, 07:28 PM, said:

oh threshold....i thought thres was thee whole word....nvm i already knew that. Thanks scavers.
hop on msn

#5 IBtheSarge

IBtheSarge

First Class Member

• 10,718 posts

Posted 27 February 2005 - 01:44 AM

Renegade, on Feb 26 2005, 10:06 PM, said:

Im building a brand new AFCAD file for one of my favourite airports (Okotoks) and I am stuck at one part. I have all the info (so far) ready except for one thing. What is the displaced thres  and   overrun area ?
In FS9, you'd define the "runway" as the surface from the starting point at one end to the starting point at the other end (solid white lines across the runway at each end -- i.e., usable, maintained runway surface for take-offs).

An overrun is the last bit of runway surface at either end of the runway, usually marked with yellow arrowheads pointing away from the airport.

A displaced threshold is a part of the runway surface at either end of the runway, ahead of the starting point.

In other words, an aircraft taking off would line up at a starting point at the beginning of the displaced threshold.  An aircraft landing would have a touchdown zone AFTER the displaced threshold.  The logic is an airplane with most of its fuel burned off will require less runway (to stop) than an aircraft at/near maximum take-off weight will require to take-off.

#6 Cheech

Cheech

formerly flyguy9eye

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,022 posts

Posted 27 February 2005 - 05:14 AM

Thanks sarge.  :D