#61 Hog1

Hog1

Student Pilot

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 08 April 2005 - 02:12 PM

Pavehawk, on Apr 8 2005, 02:04 PM, said:

If I could check your IP I would...  it is just that Jon said that your IP address matches with the other accounts listed here.  Jon happens to be very credible and I wouldn't doubt anything he says...

then again, judging by your posts I do believe you are a fighter pilot, but I still have to take a neurtral approach to this thing.  I think that is the fair thing to do...  don't you think so?

I'm in no way questioning Jon, or any other Mods, credibility.  Like I said, I have nothing to hide.  I don't know why IP addresses might be similiar.  CitationKid is posting from somewhere like Virginia (don't exactly know where he is now), while I'm posting from Texas right now (Dyess AFB to be exact).  I asked Citationkid to ask some questions since I wasn't able til yesterday to register as Hog.  Someone else around here earlier said they had proof the IPs weren't the same.  Hog login wouldn't work for whatever reason, so I came back as Hog1 so everyone would still know I'm the same person.

I think taking a neutral stance is a very fair thing to do.  That's the only way we can get to the bottom of this in an openminded way.  I'm simply asking Jack, a supposed fellow fighter pilot, for his authenticity, since there's a ton of stuff that's not panning out.

On the other website, Jetcareers, we had a guy posing as a Navy F-14 pilot for a little while.  Sounded alright, looked OK, small snippets of posts; but he started to slip up.....posting stuff that made no sense.  And when called on it, he remained strangely silent, until he was able to be tracked down as a computer programmer (civilian) that happened to work for the Navy.  He got into some serious trouble for that.

Here's the threads:

http://jetcareers.co...prev=#Post85588

His response:

http://jetcareers.co...prev=#Post86424

Edited by Hog1, 08 April 2005 - 02:16 PM.

#62 737_Nut

737_Nut

formerly 747_PiLoT

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 673 posts

Posted 08 April 2005 - 02:14 PM

[QUOTE]Unless he's some wierd person who wants to give that up to play a little keyboard boxing. tongue.gif

whoever would do that is pretty stupid. i agree with willmcaskill....this is a huge waiste of time for everyone. jon verified that hog1 is citationkid. the ip adresses matched. what other "truth" are you looking for? he provided it, and yet your still all talking about it. and no offense mr hog 1, but your just an idiot if you think you can still say "i am who i am, even check my ip adress" because jon has, and you've been proven wrong....so just shutup!

#63 sweetfracture3

sweetfracture3

Private Pilot - IFR

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 620 posts

Posted 08 April 2005 - 02:18 PM

Your Iceman? If you would of said that from the get-go everything would of been cool playa.

Rock on.

#64 FiveZeroBravo

FiveZeroBravo

Airline Transport Pilot

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,059 posts

Posted 08 April 2005 - 02:20 PM

You boys sure are silly! :D

Jack is nothing more than a PPL-ASEL holder to the FAA.  That's the bottom line.

#65 Hog1

Hog1

Student Pilot

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 08 April 2005 - 02:20 PM

I suppose if no one here really cares if someone is who they say they are, and this forum doesn't care about credibility, then there's likely little I can do about it here.  I think that is somewhat sad, but I still take offense to someone claiming they are someone they're not, especially when it's in my career field and in the military, and most especially since we have guys busting their butts getting injured and killed in faraway places, while you guys can sit here comfortably on the computer in your easy chair.  I for one, would be a little pissed (and am), if someone were claiming to be the same as the people that actually do the thankless job of being in the military.

#66 Hog1

Hog1

Student Pilot

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 08 April 2005 - 02:22 PM

FiveZeroBravo, on Apr 8 2005, 02:20 PM, said:

You boys sure are silly! :D

Jack is nothing more than a PPL-ASEL holder to the FAA.  That's the bottom line.
Again, something that looks odd....unless there's another Jack McPeek that happens to be a pilot.  Not like we're talking about a Robert Smith, or any other generic name here.

#67 MeltedPixel

MeltedPixel

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,499 posts

Posted 08 April 2005 - 02:27 PM

I suppose if no one here really cares if someone is who they say they are, and this forum doesn't care about credibility
Your just noticing this? Really, bro, just give up. Your waisting your time here, sorry.

#68 Hog1

Hog1

Student Pilot

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 08 April 2005 - 02:29 PM

MeltedPixel, on Apr 8 2005, 02:27 PM, said:

I suppose if no one here really cares if someone is who they say they are, and this forum doesn't care about credibility
Your just noticing this? Really, bro, just give up. Your waisting your time here, sorry.
So no one cares if people outright lie to others here?  Really?  That's interesting.  IF someone is claiming to be an F-16 pilot who really never was, that doesn't matter to you?

Jack is still being looked into by those that do care.

#69 sweetfracture3

sweetfracture3

Private Pilot - IFR

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 620 posts

Posted 08 April 2005 - 02:30 PM

Iceman, you were much cooler in the movie than on this forum, but that is neither here nor there.

Is it cool for people to lie? I'm goin' with no.

Does it affect me in any way shape or form? No.

Should it upset someone who actually possess the skills and abilties that said person does not have, but claimed to? To an extent yes. Anything past "What a tool" is probably to much spent effort on that person.

I will be writing a book of advice soon - I'll give you an address to send $40 to.

-Red

Also I will know only be addressed as Manfred Albrecht Freiherr von Richthofen. Violaters will be dealt with accordingly.

Edited by sweetfracture3, 08 April 2005 - 02:32 PM.

#70 flanker

flanker

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,483 posts

Posted 08 April 2005 - 02:33 PM

christ, yes no one cares.. it donest effect is in any way shape or form. this is just a forum to share ideas and events.

#71 Pavehawk

Pavehawk

Contributor\Download Manager

• Download Manager
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,099 posts

Posted 08 April 2005 - 02:45 PM

Just a question, when you guys fly in-formation, do you control airspeed manually or do you use some sort of autothrottle?  I can only imagine it being difficult to do it by hand.  :D

#72 boeing_737

boeing_737

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members/Edit
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,719 posts

Posted 08 April 2005 - 02:46 PM

christ, yes no one cares.. it donest effect is in any way shape or form. this is just a forum to share ideas and events.

and if some members share lies... no one can help it. :D

Edited by boeing_737, 08 April 2005 - 02:47 PM.

#73 Chief Wiggum

Chief Wiggum

Commercial Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,409 posts

Hog1, on Apr 8 2005, 04:29 PM, said:

So no one cares if people outright lie to others here?  Really?  That's interesting.  IF someone is claiming to be an F-16 pilot who really never was, that doesn't matter to you?
Why should it matter? :D

#74 Jon

Jon

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,140 posts

Hog1, on Apr 8 2005, 01:37 PM, said:

Go to www.jetcareers.com if you want further confirmation of me.  On the front page, on the left side where it says "perspectives", here:

http://jetcareers.com/persp_8.htm

Compare this with the name on the 99-09 graduation forum.

I am who I am.
Hog and citationpilot clearly posted in the same topic within 12 hours of each other using the same IP address.  

The proof you give above is that somebody by that name exists, there's no way to know it's really *you*.  If you are who you say you are then congratulations and Godspeed.  It would seem that not many members doubt that Jack is who he says he is, and I would have to agree with them.  He is a perfectly decent guy, and that's good enough for me.  There's no way to prove what you say or what he says.

It would appear that this is your third account, so I'll be closing it presently.  

Jon