38 replies to this topic

#21 Jon

Jon

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,140 posts

Posted 08 April 2005 - 03:41 PM

Hmm, I have received a PM from citationpilot saying that he loaned his username and password to Hog, hence their IP's being the same.  If this is the case then I would like to apologize to Alex for potentially harming his good reputation here.

Either way though, trolling/baiting/arguing is a suspension offense, and many threads were locked or removed because Alex wouldn't let the issue drop.  I don't think he's a bad person because of it, but "rules is rules." :D  It is not a permanent banning as some seem to have thought, rather it is a 30 day suspension.

We *do* take fakes seriously.  True fakes have been banned before (AirbusPilot/Sudhir comes to mind).  Just let an admin know if you suspect a fake.  Public lynchings aren't any more effective, and wrongful accusations can ruin a good reputation.

Thanks,
Jon

Edited by Jon, 08 April 2005 - 05:17 PM.

#22 flanker

flanker

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,483 posts

Posted 08 April 2005 - 03:43 PM

sudhir.lol..poor sudhir.. watever happend to him..

Edited by flanker, 08 April 2005 - 03:43 PM.

#23 jayca1

jayca1

Private Pilot - IFR

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 830 posts

Posted 08 April 2005 - 03:48 PM

Mmmhh... And pray.. do tell me why this site has gone to the dogs ?

I see no evidence of that.

But I see lots of evidence of naiveity (sp) and immaturity and people who do not want to let go of an argument that has been beaten to death with no resolution in sight.

If you have had your say, why do you want to continue posting ?

I remain neutral in this 'argument' as I do not see evidence that proves the validity of either side of the issue.

A lot of personal views with little proof.

Being one of the original members of this site, I notice that the history between certain members is showing in these last few threads.

So guys, take a deep breath, step back.....   and put this to rest once and for all.

Jay
:D

#24 dolbinau

dolbinau

Download Manager

• Download Manager
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,148 posts

Posted 08 April 2005 - 03:59 PM

Well, I don't know what the ###### has been going on here
But At least people can believe I have 0.6 hours with no ratings in a C152 :D.

Edited by dolbinau, 08 April 2005 - 04:00 PM.

#25 FiveZeroBravo

FiveZeroBravo

Airline Transport Pilot

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,059 posts

Posted 08 April 2005 - 04:07 PM

dolbinau, on Apr 8 2005, 03:59 PM, said:

Well, I don't know what the ###### has been going on here
But At least people can believe I have 0.6 hours with no ratings in a C152 :P.
LIES! LIES I TELL YOU!

You must have a type rating for the C-152! It weighs more than 12,500lbs! Ahhh!! Fire the ban-cannon! He's a fraud!!

:lol:  :D  :thumbsup:

#26 dolbinau

dolbinau

Download Manager

• Download Manager
  • 16,148 posts

Posted 08 April 2005 - 04:09 PM

Is all this fighting relating to that topic about 'Post if your a pilot' or something topic?

#27 Pu239

Pu239

Private Pilot - IFR

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 664 posts

Posted 08 April 2005 - 04:12 PM

This site has gone to the dogs because all anybody does any anymore is attack people. The most innocent comment or question and the jackals jump out and attack.
As for all this silly drama, there are only a few real pilots on these forums. Do you know how you can tell?! Because they post pictures of themselves actually FLYING in the aviation forum. Those who WISH they were pilots take pictures of planes while they are ON the ground and they get all jealous when someone claims to ACTUALLY fly.

#28 FiveZeroBravo

FiveZeroBravo

Airline Transport Pilot

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,059 posts

Posted 08 April 2005 - 04:12 PM

This thread was to get alex unsuspended (he now is).  Others are just proof to show Jack is a fraud and the gullible ones who believe his fairy tales.

#29 Folgers

Folgers

formerly Douglas Buis

• Members
  • 10,763 posts

Posted 08 April 2005 - 04:14 PM

I am sorry, but if citationpilot lent out his account to someone, that's his fault, and he deserves to be banned no matter what..  

That just means we will never know who is really behind his account now.

As far as hog is concerned..  Good ridence.

Only coming here to prove a point, let alone on citationpilot's behalf, and not even having a decent background here is unexceptable..

I don't care if the person in question is a real pilot or not..  As far as anyone here knows, Jon could be a Nasa Test pilot, or Willma could be a Cuban infedel with Castro..

YOU JUST DON'T KNOW!

#30 Jon

Jon

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,140 posts

Posted 08 April 2005 - 05:16 PM

Pu239, on Apr 8 2005, 04:12 PM, said:

This site has gone to the dogs because all anybody does any anymore is attack people. The most innocent comment or question and the jackals jump out and attack.
That's why members get suspended.  It's not that bad - the jackals just get all the attention. :D  

As for all this silly drama, there are only a few real pilots on these forums. Do you know how you can tell?! Because they post pictures of themselves actually FLYING in the aviation forum. Those who WISH they were pilots take pictures of planes while they are ON the ground and they get all jealous when someone claims to ACTUALLY fly.
I don't fly - does that mean I have nothing useful to add in a flight forum? :thumbsup:  This is actually a flight *sim* forum, so I wouldn't expect as many real pilots as virtual pilots anyway.

I am sorry, but if citationpilot lent out his account to someone, that's his fault, and he deserves to be banned no matter what..
He is fully aware of that, and to his credit he accepted his 30-day suspension gracefully.  There isn't a rule (yet) that says you can't lend your password out, but obviously you do have to take responsibility for whatever your account is used for, in this case public lynching.

And here I'll requote myself in case anyone missed it:

Jon said:

We *do* take fakes seriously. True fakes have been banned before (AirbusPilot/Sudhir comes to mind). Just let an admin know if you suspect a fake. Public lynchings aren't any more effective, and wrongful accusations can ruin a good reputation.

#31 C172pilot

C172pilot

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,988 posts

Posted 08 April 2005 - 05:22 PM

well, I personaly am glad two or is it one?  people are gone. never thought alex(citationpilot) was a posative contributor nor did he really seem like he could ever prove himself either

well, glad he's gone.. just some time before the next one

#32 dolbinau

dolbinau

Download Manager

• Download Manager
  • 16,148 posts

Posted 08 April 2005 - 05:23 PM

Alex, definately was not a poser :D.

There is alot of info at Jetcareers about it.

#33 Pu239

Pu239

Private Pilot - IFR

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 664 posts

Posted 08 April 2005 - 05:34 PM

I don't fly - does that mean I have nothing useful to add in a flight forum?  This is actually a flight *sim* forum, so I wouldn't expect as many real pilots as virtual pilots anyway.

Sorry didn't mean it like that. when this forum opened, I was excited to have a place here to post my pictures and share stories, I also hoped it would encourage others to ask questions and to go for their licenses too.
But sadly it didn't. sigh

#34 Folgers

Folgers

formerly Douglas Buis

• Members
  • 10,763 posts

Posted 08 April 2005 - 05:39 PM

Pu239, on Apr 8 2005, 06:34 PM, said:

I don't fly - does that mean I have nothing useful to add in a flight forum?  This is actually a flight *sim* forum, so I wouldn't expect as many real pilots as virtual pilots anyway.

Sorry didn't mean it like that. when this forum opened, I was excited to have a place here to post my pictures and share stories, I also hoped it would encourage others to ask questions and to go for their licenses too.
But sadly it didn't. sigh
Well, we all can't be the Pope!

Ya win some, ya lose some.  :D

#35 jayca1

jayca1

Private Pilot - IFR

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 830 posts

Posted 08 April 2005 - 05:41 PM

dolbinau, on Apr 8 2005, 05:23 PM, said:

Alex, definately was not a poser :thumbsup:.

There is alot of info at Jetcareers about it.
I agree  :D

As mentioned in my earlier post in this same thread..........    Do I detect a certain amount of history between certain members on here playing a part in all this ?

Jay
:lol:

#36 Folgers

Folgers

formerly Douglas Buis

• Members
  • 10,763 posts

Posted 08 April 2005 - 05:43 PM

Who cares if he was a poser or not..

He encouraged the people on that forum to come here and comment..
Lended his account to someone, to post on here..
Then get's off scott-free.

#37 Hockey07

Hockey07

Commercial Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,095 posts

Posted 09 April 2005 - 09:10 AM

Who gives a crap if they're different people?  And who gives a crap if they're banned?  If you were friends with one or both of them then just talk to them off of the forum.  If the decision is made then one member isn't going to be able to change it.

#38 Mohammad

Mohammad

Supersonic

• Members
  • 22,466 posts

Posted 09 April 2005 - 10:22 AM

Douglas Buis, on Apr 9 2005, 01:43 AM, said:

He encouraged the people on that forum to come here and comment..
Akh how much I hate it when someone does that, especially when it turns out into a flame war. Yesterday was an example.

#39 Saabdriver

Saabdriver

formerly Steveo1kinevo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,907 posts

Posted 09 April 2005 - 12:47 PM

Who Cares! :D