15 replies to this topic

#1 SAF_Chef

SAF_Chef

Private Pilot - IFR

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 508 posts

Posted 05 November 2003 - 04:53 AM

simpler than the help file that comes with it, something to get us going, pick a basic airstrip and show us how to change it, thanks :o

#2 L_Plates

L_Plates

Private Pilot - IFR

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 530 posts

Posted 05 November 2003 - 05:10 AM

Great idea , i hope someone does :o

#3 alio

alio

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,294 posts

Posted 05 November 2003 - 12:32 PM

sounds like a good one to me, this new article things is going to be good  :P  nice job there Brad and Jon  :o

#4 Robin.

Robin.

Contributor\Download Manager\formerly Robin.B

• Download Manager
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,802 posts

Posted 06 November 2003 - 09:52 AM

You mean airports?

OK here we go!

You firstly goto open> airport (or something like that) and find the airport or type the ID in and say open

You'll see the airport picture in the screen

then you can add more AI traffic by clicking the green aircraft button nder the menus and clicking in the screen to add them where you want.

Its pretty easy actually. Go on the buttons with the mouse and some say add taxiways and some say add something else and you can experiment to get perfection

#5 SAF_Chef

SAF_Chef

Private Pilot - IFR

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 508 posts

Posted 06 November 2003 - 10:20 AM

i do all that and nothing shows up, use my local RAF base where i work EGWX, i want to add E3Ds ( awacs ) to the base but nothing shows up??

#6 L_Plates

L_Plates

Private Pilot - IFR

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 530 posts

Posted 06 November 2003 - 10:27 AM

im the same , i add airline codes but they never appear :o

#7 Robin.

Robin.

Contributor\Download Manager\formerly Robin.B

• Download Manager
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,802 posts

Posted 06 November 2003 - 11:29 AM

Hmm... I don't know about that :o

#8 Raligard

Raligard

Contributor

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 06 November 2003 - 12:53 PM

AFCAD Isn't meant to add AI to your airports, it's an interface tool that will help you lay out an airport and assign 'parking' places for your aircraft.

(This information is based on my experience with AFCAD and PAI)

Inside AFCAD once you make a parking space (gate, ramp, parking, cargo, etc...) right click on it and under 'Parking Users' > 'Parking Codes' assign it a three or four digit airline ID. (If you don't know the ID for the airline you want to park there you can use the 'Selection List' to choose the airline of your choice and it will automatically insert that code in the 'Parking Codes' box for you. You CAN select more than one airline to park there (You really should read the AFCAD docs for more info on that). If the parking space is open but others are not and AI traffic from a different airline wants to park, it will take that space regardless of your settings.

Wait! You're not done yet! FS2004 doesn't know what an aircraft code is yet! You have to tell it that information manually:

In AFCAD go to 'Tools' > 'Aircraft Editor' and select the exact Aircraft AND Repaint you would like to park in your new parking spot. In the 'Parking Code' box tye in the same three or four letter code(s) you assigned to the parking spot. Again, you can use the 'Parking Code Selector' dropdown if you are unsure of the airline code.
You must now repeat this process for EACH aircraft AND repaint you would like to assign to this airline.

Save up all your work, fire up FS2004, make sure AI traffic is decked out, and you should find the aircraft you selected parking in your new parking spot. Remember, the AFCAD settings for the parking places are stored in the AFCAD .bgl file, but the airline information is stored in your FS2004 settings. What this means is that if you post your afcad file for other people to use and they do NOT have the same airlines set in their FS2004 settings, the parking spots will either be left empty on their system or taken as the 'Next Available' space by any other AI traffic.

It is my hopes that this will help you folks out in your dreams for a perfectly functioning AI at your airport. Good luck and as always, have fun!  :o

#9 SAF_Chef

SAF_Chef

Private Pilot - IFR

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 508 posts

Posted 06 November 2003 - 06:11 PM

Wait! You're not done yet! FS2004 doesn't know what an aircraft code is yet! You have to tell it that information manually

You see, this is what i thought i had to do and then it was done, the bit underneath is what i didn't know so i'll try that and hopefully it should work as i pretty much understand your explaining, thanks Raligard.

#10 Sp33D

Sp33D

Private Pilot - VFR

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 209 posts

Posted 04 June 2006 - 04:54 PM

Raligard, on Nov 6 2003, 12:53 PM, said:

AFCAD Isn't meant to add AI to your airports, it's an interface tool that will help you lay out an airport and assign 'parking' places for your aircraft.

Inside AFCAD once you make a parking space (gate, ramp, parking, cargo, etc...) right click on it and under 'Parking Users' > 'Parking Codes' assign it a three or four digit airline ID. (If you don't know the ID for the airline you want to park there you can use the 'Selection List' to choose the airline of your choice and it will automatically insert that code in the 'Parking Codes' box for you. You CAN select more than one airline to park there (You really should read the AFCAD docs for more info on that). If the parking space is open but others are not and AI traffic from a different airline wants to park, it will take that space regardless of your settings.

Wait! You're not done yet! FS2004 doesn't know what an aircraft code is yet! You have to tell it that information manually:

In AFCAD go to 'Tools' > 'Aircraft Editor' and select the exact Aircraft AND Repaint you would like to park in your new parking spot. In the 'Parking Code' box tye in the same three or four letter code(s) you assigned to the parking spot. Again, you can use the 'Parking Code Selector' dropdown if you are unsure of the airline code.
You must now repeat this process for EACH aircraft AND repaint you would like to assign to this airline.

Save up all your work, fire up FS2004, make sure AI traffic is decked out, and you should find the aircraft you selected parking in your new parking spot. Remember, the AFCAD settings for the parking places are stored in the AFCAD .bgl file, but the airline information is stored in your FS2004 settings. What this means is that if you post your afcad file for other people to use and they do NOT have the same airlines set in their FS2004 settings, the parking spots will either be left empty on their system or taken as the 'Next Available' space by any other AI traffic.

It is my hopes that this will help you folks out in your dreams for a perfectly functioning AI at your airport. Good luck and as always, have fun!  :D
Raligard............. I LOVE YOU SO MUCH I WAS GOING MAD WITH MY SELF, asking my self why they we not showing up there... i even went to makeing flight planes so they can be there i love you man.

#11 gonefishing

gonefishing

Private Pilot - VFR

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 301 posts

Posted 04 June 2006 - 05:40 PM

Sp33D, on Jun 4 2006, 09:54 PM, said:

Raligard, on Nov 6 2003, 12:53 PM, said:

It is my hopes that this will help you folks out in your dreams for a perfectly functioning AI at your airport. Good luck and as always, have fun!  :lol:
Raligard............. I LOVE YOU SO MUCH I WAS GOING MAD WITH MY SELF, asking my self why they we not showing up there... i even went to makeing flight planes so they can be there i love you man.
Hes got some love!  :D

#12 Sp33D

Sp33D

Private Pilot - VFR

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 209 posts

Posted 05 June 2006 - 03:07 PM

HEY Raligard i did what you said, but after all of that they still don't show up????

#13 Sp33D

Sp33D

Private Pilot - VFR

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 209 posts

Posted 05 June 2006 - 03:46 PM

I want my airport to look like this with airplanes????
Posted Image

#14 RoniisH

RoniisH

Orville Reincarnate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,315 posts

Posted 11 June 2006 - 01:35 PM

This topic is 3 years old. Raligard is no longer active on this forum-

#15 Sp33D

Sp33D

Private Pilot - VFR