- - - - -

What Would You Like To See In Future Versions?

• Please log in to reply
192 replies to this topic

#41 Delta764

Delta764

Private Pilot - IFR

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 885 posts

Posted 11 November 2003 - 08:17 PM

kenair744, on Nov 11 2003, 01:20 PM, said:

and vector you to the CORRECT runway!!!
They do vector you to the right runway

#42 kenair744

kenair744

Cruising at FL130

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,821 posts

Posted 12 November 2003 - 12:18 AM

Delta764, on Nov 11 2003, 08:17 PM, said:

Yeah;
BUT
what if the airport have runway 60 and 70 almost parallel; i have to look at the map to decide which is which... because the sooner you touch down the wrong runway; the ATC says "Contact Ground at XXX.XX"   :o

#43 Delta764

Delta764

Private Pilot - IFR

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 885 posts

Posted 12 November 2003 - 04:50 PM

kenair744, on Nov 12 2003, 12:18 AM, said:

Delta764, on Nov 11 2003, 08:17 PM, said:

Yeah;
BUT
what if the airport have runway 60 and 70 almost parallel; i have to look at the map to decide which is which... because the sooner you touch down the wrong runway; the ATC says "Contact Ground at XXX.XX"   :o
Well no ofense, but that's not their fault they do vector you to the correct runway and it is a FAA rule if runways are parallel one has to be (i.e) 17L and 17R so if you're approaching from let's say the left and you're supposed to land on 17L it's almost common sense that 17L is the one on the left side that's something you have to know it's not exactly rocket science to figure out which runway is which... and if they're almost parallel they still vector you to the correct runway it's not uncommon for pilots to look at charts you know so why does popping up the map such a big deal?

#44 kenair744

kenair744

Cruising at FL130

• Members
  • 13,821 posts

Posted 12 November 2003 - 08:15 PM

Well; there are some airports that have 2 parallel runways but around 5 degree difference, but when I land at the airport; i noticed that there were 2 or 3 green landing slope from the runway and I am heading towards the airport at the 12'oclock direction; but i have to look at the map to find out which one I am supposed to go because I'm not "familiar" with that airport... and many times; I ended up landing in the wrong runway.... just because i'm not familiar with the airport

#45 Delta764

Delta764

Private Pilot - IFR

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 885 posts

Posted 12 November 2003 - 09:08 PM

That's what the maps are for so if you're not familiar with the airport, so you can't fault ATC...... maybe you're not reading the maps correctly

#46 WarrenGmon

WarrenGmon

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,346 posts

Posted 15 November 2003 - 11:52 PM

I beleive that the next Microsoft Flight Simulator should just come out standard with whatever updates they come up with each different one.  But also release expansion packs to add more detailed weather, scenery, aircraft, etc., and have these on cd's that you can buy seperately depending on what your computer can handle.  This may work as it has in other popular games like Age of Empires and so on....
But this is my opinion.....so yea.... :o

#47 kenair744

kenair744

Cruising at FL130

• Members
  • 13,821 posts

Posted 16 November 2003 - 01:45 AM

Delta764, on Nov 12 2003, 09:08 PM, said:

That's what the maps are for so if you're not familiar with the airport, so you can't fault ATC...... maybe you're not reading the maps correctly
Where can I find a single site with all the airports that are internationally?
I have a site where I can get the maps for USA only...
Thanks

#48 kenair744

kenair744

Cruising at FL130

• Members
  • 13,821 posts

Posted 16 November 2003 - 02:09 AM

I would like to see future versions in the Flight Simulators is the distance between starting/ending points...
say; if you fly from Chicago to Los Angeles; it would help to know how far it is between those locations so that you can determine which altitude you can fly...
I hate when you really don't know the distance between those airports and you can't even change altitude since right after take off; the ATC says "You are XX miles from (location); turn heading to XXX and establish IFR/VFR to XXXRWY" blah blah...

#49 Delta764

Delta764

Private Pilot - IFR

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 885 posts

Posted 16 November 2003 - 02:09 AM

kenair744, on Nov 16 2003, 01:45 AM, said:

Delta764, on Nov 12 2003, 09:08 PM, said:

Where can I find a single site with all the airports that are internationally?
I have a site where I can get the maps for USA only...
Thanks
Your GPS is for that

#50 Pavehawk

Pavehawk

Contributor\Download Manager

• Download Manager
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,099 posts

Posted 16 November 2003 - 03:03 PM

I say more helis lol.  I like the idea of the helipads, and there should be some lessons on how to fly the chopper for those who are shaky when they first start.  AI Helis will be cool too, and maybe have some flights when you are a commercial heli pilot in a city or something.  The next heli they should add should definately be the Sikorsky S-76 for that matter.  :o

Posted Image

Posted Image
:P

Edited by Pavehawk, 16 November 2003 - 03:05 PM.

#51 Killer_Kommando_

Killer_Kommando_

Student Pilot

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 16 November 2003 - 03:06 PM

i would like to see some Airbus models... they are almost way ahead and the only reasong boeing isnt making big airplanes and going to fast ones is becasue they are running out of money (information form a magazine) so they should add some airbus models so we can fly with the ones that are going bigger and bigger an also the A320.....

#52 Icarus

Icarus

Private Pilot - VFR

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 16 November 2003 - 04:11 PM

Maybe add a co-pilot to help out with checklists etc.

Or GPWS (Ground Proximity Warning System) for altitude call-outs.

Or really working airport vehicles

And an Airbus A320 wouldn't be bad !

I had a similar conversation at FS2002.com (a lot older), and every reply I got was about scenery, I guess it is a lot better in FS2004, so....

#53 kenair744

kenair744

Cruising at FL130

• Members
  • 13,821 posts

Posted 16 November 2003 - 04:32 PM

Icarus, on Nov 16 2003, 04:11 PM, said:

Maybe add a co-pilot to help out with checklists etc.

Or GPWS (Ground Proximity Warning System) for altitude call-outs.

Or really working airport vehicles

And an Airbus A320 wouldn't be bad !

I had a similar conversation at FS2002.com (a lot older), and every reply I got was about scenery, I guess it is a lot better in FS2004, so....
You are VERY right about the A320,etc..
most of them are crap;

#54 misterdink

misterdink

Private Pilot - VFR

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 181 posts

Posted 16 November 2003 - 08:20 PM

Icarus....(love the name by the way)

You mean put the co-pilot back. Back in FS 98 or 99 they DID have someone in the right seat. Shame they replaced him with nothing.

misterdink!
N1718L

#55 Delta764

Delta764

Private Pilot - IFR

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 885 posts

Posted 16 November 2003 - 09:26 PM

kenair744, on Nov 16 2003, 02:09 AM, said:

I would like to see future versions in the Flight Simulators is the distance between starting/ending points...
say; if you fly from Chicago to Los Angeles; it would help to know how far it is between those locations so that you can determine which altitude you can fly...
I hate when you really don't know the distance between those airports and you can't even change altitude since right after take off; the ATC says "You are XX miles from (location); turn heading to XXX and establish IFR/VFR to XXXRWY" blah blah...
Everything you have mentioned that Microsoft needs to add is already in the game........ and killer as much as I agree with you about adding new planes to the sim there are copyright laws so unless airbus gives Microsoft permission to put their aircraft in the sim they can't do it

#56 funtown34

funtown34

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,852 posts

Posted 16 November 2003 - 09:35 PM

Why on earth would you want Airbus models? The only Airbus worthy of being in the air is the A306 and the A306 Super Transporter (a great cargo plane).

#57 cragdrummer

cragdrummer

Passenger

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 20 November 2003 - 06:20 AM

Aircraft maintenance facility. i heard somewhere that fs2004 has this built in but i can't find it.

some very good ideas as well such as the re fuelling, ai choppers and military aircraft  :o  also emergency declaring with ATC is a MUST!

but moving trees with the wind, moving people and cars, photographic scenery and things like that would lag FS so much it would be imposable to work with, you would gets frame rates of about 3-4 maybe 5!! It would take away the pleasure of flying, this is flight sim, not lets walk down to the local sim.

Anyway how im new to this forum an don't want to give people the wrong impressions by being critical, i must say this is the best forum i have signed up for, everyone seems so friendly so thanks to all

#58 Icarus

Icarus

Private Pilot - VFR

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 20 November 2003 - 09:41 AM

RB211535, on Nov 8 2003, 09:30 PM, said:

Fires, tornadoes, hurricanes, satellites, real trees blowing in the wind, dust blowing across the rwy, moving jetways, moving people, photoreal looking add-on planes, bumps, hills, and slopes in taxiways and runways, real cars, real snow, better looking seasons, better looking cities, swells in the ocean that can reach 30ft with bad weather, moving boats, eclipses, comets, photoreal scenery!!!, all airports like simflyers!!!   and last     if youre doing stupid ######   the airforce comes to your plane to investigate.
You know, something exactly like this exists, and  it is called "Real World Flying". You can get it at any airport :o

#59 world travel pilot

world travel pilot

Passenger

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 22 November 2003 - 12:31 PM

definently the road traffic and airport ground crew. i would like to see some action on the ground besides myself! and like he said, its the future, it can be done!

#60 Capt. Sloan

Capt. Sloan

Private Pilot - VFR

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 496 posts

Posted 23 November 2003 - 03:47 AM

Better weather ie when it rains the ground actually looks wet (if you set leave rain, leave your PC and come back it down't look as though there has been rain!), some ground activity (moving jetways, stairs etc) and some better AI traffic!