- - - - -

Featured Hardware Article?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_trazcer_*

Guest_trazcer_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 November 2003 - 05:56 AM

This is just a suggestion, but how about you do a review of new and older video cards and how they work with FS9. Also a review of sound cards for FS9. There are a lot of people out there "including myself" that are not up to searching for hours upon hours reading reviews that don't incorporate FS9 into them.

It's just a thought, but it would be nice to hear about the cards that we have and how the can be "tweaked" or a guide to the display settings for them in the sim. I've tried to get my settings so that everything is about even, but am unable to do so. Maybe if there were an article about different types of video and or sound cards, people would have a better understand of how their current or future card would work with flight simulator.

Like I said, it's just a thought. Have a good one, groudon39

#2 Jon

Jon

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,140 posts

Posted 14 November 2003 - 02:03 PM

I think it's a great idea.  We've actually been thinking about doing hardware reviews, at least on a limited basis.  I think you'll be seeing a few reviews like that in the future :o  Good idea on a "tweak guide" - that would be quite useful I think.

Thanks!
Jon

#3 Guest_trazcer_*

Guest_trazcer_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 November 2003 - 02:08 PM

Well, like I said, It's just a thought. Just think it would be helpful to us all if we had a little help getting the most out of our current video cards with a settings guide for the sim. I know I can't get them right so I figured someone else may be having the same problem. Thanks for the kudos, groudon39