7 replies to this topic

#1 Manic

Manic

Private Pilot - IFR

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 905 posts

Posted 05 August 2005 - 04:31 AM

Hello everyone, over the past few months or so i have been doing a training program for a few VA's. Come to the point where i have created a tutorial but i don't know if it is very helpful as this is aimed at people who have had a little bit of experience on the PSS 777 but not alot.

Here it is, is not 100% completed yet please help me. (Images will be added later on)

In this tutorial we shall be going through the PSS 777 panel on a regular flight from Birmingham to Dubai. This aircraft is used on this route with partnership of the A330.

The PSS 777 only runs in FS2002 but a FS2004 version will be out in September 2005 roughly.

The 1st thing we do is download a different 777 model and place the panel onto that aircraft (see different tutorial on how to edit aircraft). Download the latest AIRAC from www.navdata.at for the PSS range.

Ok so we load up FS at stand 41 at EGBB with fuel set to 90%-60%90% as this will cover with enough room to burn. Our route will be:

EGBB SID DTY UA47 FINMA UL186 BIG UL9 KONAN UL607 AMASI UM149 BOMBI UL984 SULUS UZ650 LITKU UL620 NARKA UB499 REBLA UL601 CND UL851 KUGOS UT33 CRM UT34 SRT UT37 KABAN R784 NOLDO UP975 SIDAD R784 ORSAR G666 DESDI STAR OMDB

This route will be able to download and should be placed in the PSS/B777 folder.
Otherwise we shall enter the route into the FMS.

We shall imagine the aircraft has just been handed over to us so no need to power everything up. We shall be following the Electronic Checklist on the aircraft throughout this flight.

Ok so in the Aircraft set the COM radio to 122.80 if using VATSIM. Go through the checklist until it says FMS initialise.

Open the FMS and make sure the NAV DATA is in date.  Then LSK to POS INIT.
After you checked the PPOS (Present Position) of the aircraft go onto the route page.

Enter the Departure ICAO (EGBB) by typing it on the scratchpad and LSK to the line. It will appear in green when typing it in. Do the same for DEST and FLT NO. After that press Activate and press the newly lightened up EXEC button to execute the changes. Then onto the PERF INIT page. Enter the Zero Fuel Weight, Reserves, CRZ Alt and change the cost index to 90. Set the thrust limit to T/O-5% on the Thrust Lim page. Takeoff page, verify the V Speeds by LSKing them. Next page on the Takeoff. Check all settings. Press MENU and load route EGBBOMDB. Press DEPARR and enter the SID for EGBB. Return to the checklist.

After completing Checklist number 3, the panel should look like this.

Continue with the checklist until the Before take-off checklist.. Arm VNAV and LNAV if using them for the departure and line up onto the runway. Set power to 70% and engage A/T mode. Pitch the nose 10'. Climb VREF +20 and after passing 1000ft engage the Autopilot. Raise the flaps as the speed goes up on VNAV. Gear up after positive climb And continue with the checklist.

After the event that unfolds then sit back and monitor the flight. FMS PROG page is a good thing to look at. While you are flying this 777-200 (772) you should remember that at 10,000 ft you , in this order, STD the Altitude, Turn the Landing, Wing and Logo lights off.

Autobrake settings

1. Never to use
2. Normal settings
3. Wet conditions
4. Short Runways
MAX. Runway just above minimum

This aircraft climbs fast so keep your eye on it and keep an eye on the fuel.

The aircraft can be left alone for the duration of the CRZ but just in case of ATC best to periodically check up.

The Decent will be indicated by a green dot on the ND saying T/D. Before that set the MCP altitude to 2300 and when just over it press the ALT selector knob.

Descend with VNAV and when near the ILS activate APP mode on the Autopilot, LAND3 should appear meaning The 3 Autopilots of the 777 are armed. The reason for 3 is so that if one fails another one backs it up and another one just in case again. When lined up with the runway you can disengage the autopilot and fly the landing manually.

Will be presented properly in PDF format. Comment on improvements will be a big help thanks.

#2 StephenD

StephenD

Private Pilot - IFR

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 503 posts

Posted 05 August 2005 - 04:33 AM

Looks cool! :D

Nice work :D

#3 Tim.

Tim.

Aviation Hotshot Dec-Feb

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,542 posts

Posted 05 August 2005 - 04:58 AM

Any pictures?

#4 Manic

Manic

Private Pilot - IFR

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 905 posts

Posted 05 August 2005 - 05:03 AM

I Quote what i said Tim,  

(Images will be added later on)

#5 SamA320

SamA320

Commercial Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,523 posts

Posted 06 August 2005 - 01:40 PM

Mark do show me when you have some :D

#6 Manic

Manic

Private Pilot - IFR

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 905 posts

Posted 06 August 2005 - 01:42 PM

I have the final PDF version now, how can i host it on here now?

#7 SargeJr3

SargeJr3

Gallery Manager

• Gallery Manager
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,067 posts

Posted 06 August 2005 - 01:58 PM

Manic, on Aug 6 2005, 12:42 PM, said:

I have the final PDF version now, how can i host it on here now?
feel free to put it in a zip and upload it to the download library

#8 Manic

Manic

Private Pilot - IFR

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 905 posts

Posted 06 August 2005 - 02:13 PM

Ok its uploaded. Improvements most welcomed