31 replies to this topic

#21 Bernhardt

Bernhardt

Commercial Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,086 posts

Posted 08 December 2003 - 10:58 AM

Thanks a lot Chiaradia... i wasnt seeing this many comments  coming :o  Thanks a lot guys for the nice comments :P

Edited by Bernhardt, 08 December 2003 - 10:59 AM.

#22 thrasher27191

thrasher27191

Commercial Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,181 posts

Posted 08 December 2003 - 12:37 PM

gd vid too bad as no soundBRILLIANT LANDINGS!!!!

#23 Boeing_Pilot

Boeing_Pilot

Private Pilot - IFR

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 914 posts

Posted 08 December 2003 - 05:48 PM

Thats so cool!!!

What program do u use??? Can u give me a link to the download page?

THANX! :o

#24 Bernhardt

Bernhardt

Commercial Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,086 posts

Posted 08 December 2003 - 06:10 PM

OK here is my programs i use to make these video's:

Power Director Pro 2.55..... CLICK HERE
Fraps 2.0... CLICK HERE

Im pretty skilled with the power director but im sure if you play around with it you will get the hang of it pretty soon :P  Really easy way to edit your video's!! Just one down thing is i still need to work on the size of the video... if you produce it it takes of a heck of a lot of mb but then it comes out like that B)  a  bit small... but try playing around a bit with the produce options and you will get good size for the video B)  My video was 900mb when it was unedited but now it is 6mb... see the diffrence ;)

Well hope to see some more video's here soon and thanks for the comments guys :o

#25 Capt. Sloan

Capt. Sloan

Private Pilot - VFR

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 496 posts

Posted 09 December 2003 - 06:27 AM

Great videos, loved the landing at FACT! and the LH one was even better, keep it up!

#26 Bernhardt

Bernhardt

Commercial Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,086 posts

Posted 09 December 2003 - 06:38 AM

Thanks a lot :o

#27 Guest_Guest Bob_*

Guest_Guest Bob_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 December 2003 - 09:23 AM

The reason for the sound quality is you have the mic on your sound board turned on.  Turn it off so you don't get the added background noise of the computer fan.

Keep in mind the mtv generation attention span is about 3 to 5 seconds.  Cut to a new scene or your audience will become bored.  Cut between the flight deck and the external view every couple of seconds and see what you get.  ;-)

Nice job to start.

Bob

#28 Guest_Guest Bob_*

Guest_Guest Bob_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 December 2003 - 01:53 PM

Here is a quick video I made of the Legacy using Fraps.  It is in a mpeg format.
Video 4.6mb 30 seconds

BobS

#29 SXad

SXad

formerly Criminal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,025 posts

Posted 09 December 2003 - 02:47 PM

excellent video's guys!!    well done!!

#30 WarrenGmon

WarrenGmon

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,346 posts

Posted 09 December 2003 - 08:44 PM

how do u get your frame rates in the movies so good? are u using FRAPS? i use it and when i play the movie it doesnt run anywhere near as smooth as what yours does.....wats the secret?
Thnx

#31 Bernhardt

Bernhardt

Commercial Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,086 posts

Posted 10 December 2003 - 06:45 AM

The Key is right here:

P4 3.02gighz
2gig DDR RAM
ATI RADEON 9800PRO 256MB RAM
30gig hard drive..(very slow)
Win XP home edition

Just one bad thing about my system is i have the worste harddrive out there so it gets really jumpy sometimes when i take the video  :o   But you'll need the latest drivers for your video card aswell :P

#32 Guest_Guest Bob_*

Guest_Guest Bob_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 December 2003 - 10:15 AM

It certainly helps if you have the latest hot cpu, but you can work around it.

Take a llok at the Tweet video I made with Fraps and my slow 1.2ghz machine.  Only have a 512 of slow memory, and an ATI BASIC 9600 video card ($69 at Best Buy the day after TG.)

I used a couple of "tricks" to get this from FS9.
1.  Run FS9 in the window mode.
      Size the window to about 640X480.  You can do this by creating a 640X480 picture in a graphics program.  Save it as a jpg and then "load" it with IExplored.  use this as a back drop to size the FS9 window.  After sizing the window, drag it to the upper left corner of your screen.  Fraps records a 640X480 window starting in the upper left of your screen.
2. Do the flight and then play it back in the instant reply video mode.  Check the box so it plays a continous loop. >>>> ALSO --SET THE REPLAY SPEED AT 20%.  <<<<  I have Fraps capture at 10fps.
3. Collect the video from various views.  Don't go much over 1.5 minutes for each collection or you will have one BIG file to work with.
4. Take the video clips from the different views and trim them so that clips are no longer then 3 to 8 seconds.  Splice them all together and convert them to what ever quality you wish.  (you need video editing sw to make the cuts and splices,  --- ulead has 30 day trials on all of their software.

Here is the 30 second video I made of the Tweet yesterday.

Tweet Video  - 30 seconds - 3.4mb

Guest BobS