2 replies to this topic

#1 Jack Dalton

Jack Dalton

Student Pilot

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 08 November 2005 - 08:49 PM

I'm working on a fictional military base (somewhere in Hawaii) and I have an Air Force Base in it. I was wondering how to get AI planes to park there. I have parking spots and assigned companies to them (if that's the right thing to do) but when I fly there, I never see planes. How do I get them to park there?

Also, if I want planes to take off and land there, I need to create a flightplan, right? If I do, how do I make one?

Sorry for the all the questions. :D

#2 IBtheSarge

IBtheSarge

First Class Member

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,718 posts

Posted 08 November 2005 - 10:13 PM

Jack Dalton, on Nov 8 2005, 09:49 PM, said:

I'm working on a fictional military base (somewhere in Hawaii) and I have an Air Force Base in it. I was wondering how to get AI planes to park there. I have parking spots and assigned companies to them (if that's the right thing to do) but when I fly there, I never see planes. How do I get them to park there?

Also, if I want planes to take off and land there, I need to create a flightplan, right? If I do, how do I make one?

Sorry for the all the questions. :D
AI aircraft will not show up until you create flightplans for them and add your new airport to the list of airports available for them.  You'll need TTools (by Lee Swordy -- goto the AVSIM file library and search for "Lee Swordy") and the tutorial under the HELP icon on the top toolbar will take you right through disassembling the traffic BGL file, creating flightplans, adding new airports, etc. to get you going in no time at all.

As for your parking spaces, by "companies" you mean airlines?  You can also designate some of the spots as MIL_COMBAT and MIL_CARGO to load up military AI and flightplans as well.

#3 Jack Dalton

Jack Dalton

Student Pilot

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 09 November 2005 - 12:10 AM

Ok, thanks.

Yes, I meant airlines, but I couldn't think of the word at the time.