12 replies to this topic

#1 Goose

Goose

Commercial Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,089 posts

Posted 12 November 2005 - 08:12 PM

Hi guys. I am now ready to create some good senery. Can you guys give me some toutorials you used that walk through every thing? Thanks

Goose

#2 IBtheSarge

IBtheSarge

First Class Member

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,718 posts

Posted 12 November 2005 - 11:53 PM

Goose, on Nov 12 2005, 09:12 PM, said:

Hi guys. I am now ready to create some good senery. Can you guys give me some toutorials you used that walk through every thing? Thanks

Goose
Specifically for what scenery design software?

AFCAD2 -- built-in tutorial
TTools -- built-in tutorial
GMAX -- just do a Google search for "GMAX"; dozens of them available
FSDS2 -- built-in tutorial
FSSC -- built-in tutorial
Ground2k4 -- built-in tutorial
SBuilder -- built-in tutorial
CreatSign -- built-in tutorial

Ya gotta be a wee bit more specific ....  :D

Have you gone through these?  http://www.fs2004.co...php?showforum=8

Edited by sarge, 12 November 2005 - 11:54 PM.

#3 Goose

Goose

Commercial Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,089 posts

Posted 14 November 2005 - 09:23 PM

I started modeling some stuff. I do need some help on like making the nose of a plane, a jet engine, a airplane fusolage, taxiways and runways, how to texture, jow to make fences look good, and some more stuff I can ask later. For taxiways and runways, I have AFCAD2 but I want it to show up in gmax if it can. How can I do this? Thanks

Goose

#4 Goose

Goose

Commercial Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,089 posts

Posted 15 November 2005 - 10:17 AM

Well I am going to start from scrach. I have the afcad done, now what? Thanks

Goose

#5 IBtheSarge

IBtheSarge

First Class Member

• 10,718 posts

Posted 15 November 2005 - 06:04 PM

Goose, on Nov 15 2005, 11:17 AM, said:

Well I am going to start from scrach. I have the afcad done, now what? Thanks

Goose
That's up to you, Goose; what do you WANT to do next?

You have the AFCAD done; fine, you now have the "invisible" data (Air Traffic Control, parking, taxi/take-off/landing paths) done.  Here are the options:

a.  Change/modify the terrain
There are several programs that let you do that; if that's your next step, TCY and PiP can give you some advice and recommendations.  Pick one of the programs, go through its tutorial, practice and learn it, then make your terrain modifications.

b.  Place objects made by others
There are several programs that let you do that; if that's your next step, the list I posted in my first response contains a couple (FSSC and SBuilder) plus there's Runway 12 Object Placer.  Pick one, go through its tutorial, practice and learn it, then search the flight sim download sites for object (macros) and put them in your scenery.

c.  Make your own objects
The two most popular and versatile programs to that are GMAX (freeware, it's on your FS2004 CDs) and Abacus' Flight Simulator Design Scenery (payware).  Pick one, go through its tutorial, practice and learn it, then start creating your own objects and use what you learned in b. above to put them in your sceneries.

d.  Enhance your AI aircraft
Learn TTools if you're going to manually install AI aircraft (AIA, FSP, etc.) and create the flightplans for them.  Or get ProjectAI (freeware) aircraft models, liveries, installers and MRAI flightplans and do global changes to your AI.  Or get one of the payware AI packages (Ultimate Traffic, for example) and install it.

There's no easy way to do what you've set for a goal.  YOU have to define how deep you want to go into scenery design, then YOU have to pick the software you're going to use and go through the tutorials to learn it.  You're going to have to invest hours/days/weeks in learning how to do what you want to do -- no shortcuts or even YOU won't like what you make.

#6 Goose

Goose

Commercial Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,089 posts

Posted 16 November 2005 - 12:05 AM

Yeah I will make all my models in GMAX and then place them with XML. I need an XML toutorial, any sudgestions. Sarge, you were saying something that you made an XML toutorial? If you did can you give me a link? If anybdy has any good XMl toutorials could you link me to them? Thanks

Goose

#7 IBtheSarge

IBtheSarge

First Class Member

• 10,718 posts

Posted 16 November 2005 - 12:11 AM

Goose, on Nov 16 2005, 01:05 AM, said:

Yeah I will make all my models in GMAX and then place them with XML. I need an XML toutorial, any sudgestions. Sarge, you were saying something that you made an XML toutorial? If you did can you give me a link? If anybdy has any good XMl toutorials could you link me to them? Thanks

Goose
Look in the forum titles here at FS2004.com -- Accepted Tutorials

#8 Goose

Goose

Commercial Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,089 posts

Posted 16 November 2005 - 12:55 AM

ok read it. and you recived a message from me. If you could respond to that would be great. Great toutorial too.

#9 Goose

Goose

Commercial Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,089 posts

Posted 17 November 2005 - 07:03 PM

Well i started modeling, and i think its going good. does anyone have any tips?

#10 TechnicolorYawn

TechnicolorYawn

Orville Reincarnate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,581 posts

Posted 17 November 2005 - 07:21 PM

Planning.

Decide what you want to make, and how you are going to make it first - don't just make it up as you go along.

#11 Goose

Goose

Commercial Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,089 posts

Posted 17 November 2005 - 11:06 PM

ok, yeah right now i am just making it up as i go along. So now i will think about it.(ITS SOOO STRESSFUL!!!!!!!! :D )

#12 Goose

Goose

Commercial Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,089 posts

Posted 18 November 2005 - 10:21 AM

Now that I have some roads placed I want to texture them but my textures won't show up? What do I do?

#13 IBtheSarge

IBtheSarge

First Class Member

• 10,718 posts

Posted 18 November 2005 - 01:34 PM

Goose, on Nov 18 2005, 11:21 AM, said:

Now that I have some roads placed I want to texture them but my textures won't show up? What do I do?
Go through the GMAX tutorial; search for "Texture" then read all the sub-topics that come up.  Until you do that, it's not likely that anyone is going to republish the tutorial in a forum post.