#81 beechboy

beechboy

Private Pilot - VFR

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 255 posts

Posted 09 December 2005 - 11:21 PM

I'm not in the mood to argue  :D

but to talk about a crash in that way really isn't that great seeing as there were fatalities :D

#82 Da_Man

Da_Man

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,768 posts

Posted 10 December 2005 - 01:05 AM

grrr i know, people do not read!! i swear, they just see things they don't like and post.. READ i said i thought it was funny BEFORE they said there were casulties. first reporsts said no injuries.
my friend is a F/A for southwest and texted me when it happend and told me everyone was fine..
God im sick of the news trying to place blame on everyone and anything. one second they say pilot, then they blame it on the airport.. SHEESH! who cares whos fault it was right now.... let em figure it out people. im sure it was the runway being like ICE, living in chicago i can tell u.. it wasnt the best of nights. couldnt see anytihng. it was also the first major snow fall of the year, and ill bet that pilot flys this route daily.. this being the first snow fall he may have not anticipated the runway being as slick. who knows. leave it be

#83 IndependenceFAN

IndependenceFAN

formerly uniTED Airline fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,284 posts

Posted 10 December 2005 - 01:18 AM

wow this midway thing is horrible for the inocent boy's family. maybe we should all recreate it in our flight simulator for fun like some people.  :D

but seriously...

Edited by IndependenceFAN, 10 December 2005 - 01:18 AM.

#84 Goose

Goose

Commercial Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,089 posts

Posted 10 December 2005 - 11:17 AM

Wow, I can't belive it. How fast could have they been going? Its so sad, but I will still fly with SouthWest. :D   Its so sad. :D  :)  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :censored:

#85 webeagle12

webeagle12

formerly webdenis12

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,333 posts

Posted 10 December 2005 - 11:42 AM

IndependenceFAN, on Dec 10 2005, 01:18 AM, said:

wow this midway thing is horrible for the inocent boy's family. maybe we should all recreate it in our flight simulator for fun like some people.  :D

but seriously...
u really need to take a chill pill!! like seriosly!!

watch me I will created thsi flight tomorrow just to pist u off  :D

as about the crash, very sad waht happen and I think with 7 inches of snow on the runway, pilot should redirect to ohare where plowing done a little better. Very sad and stupid way to end a life.

#2: I'm more concern about runways there, those runway were build very long time ago but out planes were getting bigger and bigger, there is no where to expand them

Edited by webeagle12, 10 December 2005 - 11:45 AM.

#86 as737700

as737700

Orville Reincarnate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,568 posts

Posted 10 December 2005 - 11:46 AM

Goose, on Dec 10 2005, 11:17 AM, said:

Wow, I can't belive it. How fast could have they been going? Its so sad, but I will still fly with SouthWest. :D   Its so sad. :D  :)  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :censored:
The normal landing speed of a 737

#87 UltimatePilotAce

UltimatePilotAce

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,631 posts

Posted 10 December 2005 - 11:48 AM

IndependenceFAN, on Dec 10 2005, 01:18 AM, said:

wow this midway thing is horrible for the inocent boy's family. maybe we should all recreate it in our flight simulator for fun like some people.  :D

but seriously...
Shut Up,  Why don't you go read that topic again?  Its obvious he meant no harm.  He was going to try and see if he could land in those conditions himself.  Guess What?  It was also before that 6 year old boy died.  So Chill Out and quit giving him all this ######, because he meant absolutely no harm.

#88 KORD_APPROACH

KORD_APPROACH

Student Pilot

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 11 December 2005 - 12:39 PM

Took this one at KMDW back in early September.  Not sure if its the same bird with Southwest having so many -700 series 737 aircraft.
Posted Image

NTSB are now saying accident likely could have been avoided with Thrust reversers working properly.

#89 as737700

as737700

Orville Reincarnate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,568 posts

Posted 11 December 2005 - 04:07 PM

yeah..that's what I heard too.  The thrust reversers didn't kick in immidiately

#90 B777_300ER

B777_300ER

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,310 posts

Posted 11 December 2005 - 06:24 PM

Just out of curiosity, will the aircraft be repaired or is it most likely that it'll be written off?

#91 Carter

Carter

Passenger

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 11 December 2005 - 06:32 PM

B777_300ER, on Dec 11 2005, 03:24 PM, said:

Just out of curiosity, will the aircraft be repaired or is it most likely that it'll be written off?
If I had to guess... It'll be trucked to Boeing after the investigation. No aircraft that new is easy to write off.

#92 KORD_APPROACH

KORD_APPROACH

Student Pilot

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 16 December 2005 - 06:19 PM

Im pretty sure they are gunna repair it.  My aviation teacher said he saw a semi from Texas with "SWA" marking with aircraft jacks and a Carrier thingy that can support a fuselage.
KORD_APPROACH

#93 Robin.

Robin.

Contributor\Download Manager\formerly Robin.B

• Download Manager
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,802 posts

Posted 17 December 2005 - 10:03 AM

Carter, on Dec 11 2005, 06:32 PM, said:

If I had to guess... It'll be trucked to Boeing after the investigation. No aircraft that new is easy to write off.
It only suffered some nose damage, so no chance of it being written off I guess :D

#94 as737700

as737700

Orville Reincarnate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,568 posts

Posted 17 December 2005 - 03:46 PM

Robin.B, on Dec 17 2005, 10:03 AM, said:

Carter, on Dec 11 2005, 06:32 PM, said:

It only suffered some nose damage, so no chance of it being written off I guess :D
Yeah...there would have to be some really serious damage to write off an aircraft a year old!