9 replies to this topic

#1 IBtheSarge

IBtheSarge

First Class Member

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,718 posts

Posted 03 January 2006 - 10:05 PM

Have:
Henry Tomkiewicz's C-130 series (E, H, H-30, J, & J-30)
Henry Tomkiewicz's F-16 series (C, C with drag chute, D, and D with drag chute)
ALPHASim's (now freeware) A-10
ALPHASim's (payware) B-52G/B-52H AI
Roc Dolenec's KC-135E/KC-135R as well as his E-3/E-4/E-6
CDAI's KC-10E
ALPHASim's (payware) C-141A & C-141B
AIA's C-9A, C-9B and C-9Cs
Mike Stone's T-39

Need framerate friendly:
A-37/T-37 (have Rey Lopez' flyable, modified somewhat)
T-38 (have FSD flyable, needs modification)
T-1
F-15 C, E, I, J (only thing found so far is Kimitaka Nishida's flyable)
C-5 (have Rey Lopez' flyable, needs modification)
C-17 (have the POSKY, but need to reduce framerate hits)

Any links appreciated ......

#2 TechnicolorYawn

TechnicolorYawn

Orville Reincarnate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,581 posts

Posted 04 January 2006 - 02:42 AM

Sarge - PAI have a good C-17. They even have different versions that show various things being unloaded when they are sat on the ground.

#3 IBtheSarge

IBtheSarge

First Class Member

• 10,718 posts

Posted 04 January 2006 - 06:51 AM

TechnicolorYawn, on Jan 4 2006, 03:42 AM, said:

Sarge - PAI have a good C-17. They even have different versions that show various things being unloaded when they are sat on the ground.
Thanks, TCY .... going after that one now.

#4 Skydvdan

Skydvdan

Private Pilot - VFR

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 273 posts

Posted 04 January 2006 - 11:22 AM

Apparently Alphasim has an AI C-5 that comes with their Dover scenery.

#5 IBtheSarge

IBtheSarge

First Class Member

• 10,718 posts

Posted 04 January 2006 - 02:09 PM

Skydvdan, on Jan 4 2006, 12:22 PM, said:

Apparently Alphasim has an AI C-5 that comes with their Dover scenery.
Yep; saw that one at about 04:00 this morning (don't ask what I was doing up at that hour ... I'd have to shoot you  :D ); getting that one tomorrow.  :D the scenery, just want the AI C-5.

Also manhandled the ALPHASim C-141A & C-141B this morning, removing the panel folder, sound folder, and any bitmaps that are interior only.  Eliminating unnecessary bitmaps saved nearly 8mB per texture file.  The "B" model has 18 repaints and was talking up over 300mB just for that one version.  Also found an AI only model of the C-141B by Henry Tomkiewicz, but only one repaint for it so far.

So now, looking for the A-37/T-37, T-38, T-1 and F-15.

May be needing a repainter in the VERY near future; need some Pease, Plattsburgh, Cannon, and Mt Home tails for the Aussie F-111 by David Bushnell, and some Barksdale, Minot, Loring, and other SAC bases tails for the ALPHASim B-52G and B-52H AI models.

Edited by sarge, 04 January 2006 - 02:18 PM.

#6 gsnde

gsnde

Student Pilot

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 14 March 2006 - 10:17 AM

Sarge,

You know about the freeware "ANG Military AI Packages"? They contain AFCAD, traffic and models for F-15, F-16, C-130, HC-130 and KC-135.  You might want to check the "The New England Military AI" collection, too.

All files can be found at avsim.com. Search for what I have put into quotes.

Martin

#7 IBtheSarge

IBtheSarge

First Class Member

• 10,718 posts

Posted 15 March 2006 - 05:28 AM

gsnde, on Mar 14 2006, 11:17 AM, said:

Sarge,
You know about the freeware "ANG Military AI Packages"? They contain AFCAD, traffic and models for F-15, F-16, C-130, HC-130 and KC-135.  You might want to check the "The New England Military AI" collection, too.
Thanks, Martin .... I'm a long-time fan of Dave O'Brien, and he was VERY instrumental in helping me get Pease AFB NH back on the map, as well as some details on Plattsburgh AFB NY and Loring AFB ME that I was working on.

I've got all of his packages and nearly all of his work, especially his SUPERB repaints of the ALPHASim A-10 for every unit that flies it.  Only problem I had was his use of Kimitaka Nishida's B-52 (modified .air file by Mike MacIntyre); not a very framerate friendly AI bomber -- one in view, -8.3 fps hit; three or more in view and only 9.5 fps on a locked 30.0 fps system.  Also, Henry Tomkiewicz's F-16's are specifically designed for AI; and with Graham King's, Michael Pearson's, and a few others' repaints, they make EXCELLENT replacements for the Viper Dave has in those packages.  The Coral/KBT F-15c's are excellent AI models, and I've already got every tanker/ELint bird Rok Dolenec makes.

(Change all "present tense" verbs above to "past tense" as the entire FS9/FS9 Design system is in the process of being completely rebuilt.  I'll be downloading stuff for WEEKS before I get anywhere close to the previous operation.)

#8 gsnde

gsnde

Student Pilot

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 15 March 2006 - 03:35 PM

Sarge,

Please check out the B-52 package here: http://www.fsfield.c....php?k=b-52&g=0

It features very realistic smoke effects and a chute deploying on touchdown (in AI).

I like it very much.
Martin

#9 IBtheSarge

IBtheSarge

First Class Member

• 10,718 posts

Posted 15 March 2006 - 05:22 PM

gsnde, on Mar 15 2006, 04:35 PM, said:

Sarge,
Please check out the B-52 package here: http://www.fsfield.c....php?k=b-52&g=0
It features very realistic smoke effects and a chute deploying on touchdown (in AI).
I like it very much.
Martin
For the B-52, I already have ALPHASim's payware B-52 package, which includes designed-for-AI versions of the G and H models.  Looked at the site ... it's a flyable model (high polygon count) with modified aircraft.cfg and .air files included which change the flight dynamics if used as AI.  Still high polygon count, though.  The ALPHASim AI models are completely different from the flyable models in the package.  May checkout that particular B-52 for the D version (flyable), giving me three (D, G and H).

Edited by sarge, 15 March 2006 - 05:23 PM.

#10 DR3AMLINER

DR3AMLINER

Private Pilot - VFR

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 339 posts

Posted 02 April 2007 - 05:04 PM

you could try World of AI packages. They have most (if not all) of the aircraft u want.