10 replies to this topic

#1 MKE7182

MKE7182

Private Pilot - VFR

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 145 posts

Posted 03 January 2006 - 10:37 PM

is there a way i can create and add my own buildings to FS?

Edited by MKE7182, 03 January 2006 - 10:44 PM.

#2 cka411

cka411

Student Pilot

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 03 January 2006 - 11:11 PM

Gmax

#3 Guest_johnfromoz_*

Guest_johnfromoz_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 January 2006 - 12:45 AM

Or in other words, yes there is. The longer way is to learn scenery design - which involves various programs.
The short way is to make do with an enhancer - Lago FSE (payware), EZscenery (payware) or RWY12 (freeware). These simply place objects already available into your FS world.
I prefer EZscenery as it draws on a lot of objects from different sources, including default FS, and you can see the results in real time in FS.
You can combine small buildings to make other larger structures a lot of the time.

#4 IBtheSarge

IBtheSarge

First Class Member

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,718 posts

Posted 04 January 2006 - 02:19 AM

MKE7182, on Jan 3 2006, 11:37 PM, said:

1.  Create?  Yes -- GMAX (freeware), FSDSv3 (payware)
2.  Place?  Yes -- Runway 12 Object Placer (freeware), EZ-Scenery (payware), SBuilder (crippleware), FSSC (freeware), write your own XML code (mental stress/high anxiety learning curve), and about another half-dozen ways

NOTE 1:  Be prepared for life, as you currently know it, to end.
NOTE 2:  Say good-bye to your wife/girlfriend/mistress; they'll rarely (if ever) see you again.
NOTE 3:  Buy a toupe; you'll need it long before you complete your first project.
NOTE 4:  Buy some body armor; everybody's a critic, and they love to throw stones at designers.
NOTE 5:  If you don't currently drink coffee, learn to; if you DO drink coffee, stock up on it.
NOTE 6:  Learn a new vocabulary -- "Valium" "Depression" "Creative Block" and " :lol: ", just to name a few.
NOTE 7:  Review the meaning of "RTFM", you'll see/hear it often in response to questions you may ask.
NOTE 8:  Scenery design posts are made in the Development forum.
:D  :D  :)
Welcome to the world of scenery design.   :lol:

Edited by sarge, 04 January 2006 - 02:23 AM.

#5 MKE7182

MKE7182

Private Pilot - VFR

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 145 posts

Posted 04 January 2006 - 04:35 AM

sarge, on Jan 4 2006, 02:19 AM, said:

MKE7182, on Jan 3 2006, 11:37 PM, said:

1.  Create?  Yes -- GMAX (freeware), FSDSv3 (payware)
2.  Place?  Yes -- Runway 12 Object Placer (freeware), EZ-Scenery (payware), SBuilder (crippleware), FSSC (freeware), write your own XML code (mental stress/high anxiety learning curve), and about another half-dozen ways

NOTE 1:  Be prepared for life, as you currently know it, to end.
NOTE 2:  Say good-bye to your wife/girlfriend/mistress; they'll rarely (if ever) see you again.
NOTE 3:  Buy a toupe; you'll need it long before you complete your first project.
NOTE 4:  Buy some body armor; everybody's a critic, and they love to throw stones at designers.
NOTE 5:  If you don't currently drink coffee, learn to; if you DO drink coffee, stock up on it.
NOTE 6:  Learn a new vocabulary -- "Valium" "Depression" "Creative Block" and " :lol: ", just to name a few.
NOTE 7:  Review the meaning of "RTFM", you'll see/hear it often in response to questions you may ask.
NOTE 8:  Scenery design posts are made in the Development forum.
:D  :D  :)
Welcome to the world of scenery design.   :lol:
well, i guess ill just stay away from it then, I don't think im up to it lol

#6 IBtheSarge

IBtheSarge

First Class Member

• 10,718 posts

Posted 04 January 2006 - 06:49 AM

MKE7182, on Jan 4 2006, 05:35 AM, said:

well, i guess ill just stay away from it then, I don't think im up to it lol
It's definitely not an easy process .... there's a HARD learning curve and, as you get deeper into your project, you'll start accumulating more programs that do different things to different areas of what you're trying to design.  And that will lead you into more design areas .....

But if you've got the determination to design something, before long you'll be handling the task with relative ease (sometimes :D ).  Every program you use, you'll need to go through the program's tutorial and/or help file daily until the info is imbeded into a memory cell somewhere.

I completed the re-opening of Pease AFB NH (KPSM) last month .... I was working on it over a year.  I'm in the process of re-working Loring AFB ME (KLIZ); I started on it in April 2004 and I'm up to version 3 and it won't be out for another couple of months.

#7 Skydvdan

Skydvdan

Private Pilot - VFR

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 273 posts

Posted 04 January 2006 - 11:27 AM

NOTE 7: Review the meaning of "RTFM", you'll see/hear it often in response to questions you may ask.

Roll The Farm Man!!  Very good advice Sarge.  VERY accurate. :D
BTW, my two toupes will be here on Friday.  One for each side of my head.

Edited by Skydvdan, 04 January 2006 - 11:31 AM.

#8 Antimod

Antimod

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,516 posts

Posted 27 February 2006 - 05:50 AM

I've got a question. I'm using LAGO FSE for placing some objects to enhance reality of airports/airfields. I'd like to know, which files to backup in order to restore all things I've done later?
There is a data folder in the LAGO library, is that enough to backup?

#9 IBtheSarge

IBtheSarge

First Class Member

• 10,718 posts

Posted 28 February 2006 - 11:55 AM

Antimod, on Feb 27 2006, 06:50 AM, said:

I've got a question. I'm using LAGO FSE for placing some objects to enhance reality of airports/airfields. I'd like to know, which files to backup in order to restore all things I've done later?
There is a data folder in the LAGO library, is that enough to backup?
Unless it functions entirely different than other such programs, whatever you do in Lago should be contained within it's own BGL file.  To undo things, you'd simply remove that BGL from whatever FS9 scenery directory it's in.  (I could be wrong on that, as I don't use placement or scenery generation programs any more.)

#10 gsnde

gsnde

Student Pilot

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 03 March 2006 - 03:21 PM

Antimod,

all you create for all airports in FSE ist sored in the directory <lw>:\..\<your fligh simulator directory>\LAGO\FSE\DATA

The files have the extension .SE2

#11 Antimod

Antimod

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,516 posts

Posted 03 March 2006 - 05:16 PM

Thanks! Then I was right. :D