69 replies to this topic

#61 N3123V

N3123V

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,902 posts

Posted 13 January 2006 - 10:41 PM

I agree, the AI system is certainly a downfall, it is not very realistic, along with the ATC, especially at GA airports. I once had an AI caravan pull out onto a runway at a non-towered field just as I had announced that I was on final. It would be neat if FSX would come with a headset and voice recog. but I doubt that Microsoft would do that. But the ATC could most definetly use much improvement.

#62 DAL_762

DAL_762

Private Pilot - IFR

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 896 posts

Posted 15 January 2006 - 04:38 PM

SCENERY BLURR!! Bye Bye!    :D  :D

#63 simo_x35

simo_x35

Private Pilot - IFR

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 985 posts

Posted 17 January 2006 - 09:43 PM

Awesome preview ,cant wait anymore ... I was thinking to update my computer in the next months , after seen this i think i will wait till the next winter !

#64 kenair744

kenair744

Cruising at FL130

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,821 posts

Posted 11 April 2006 - 02:16 AM

When IS the "release" date AND how much will it cost and what are the requriements?
Thank you

#65 bobby_macnair

bobby_macnair

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,278 posts

Posted 11 April 2006 - 04:25 AM

will be released at the end of the year and will cost about that same as it always has. the price has never fluctuated that much.

#66 fssimmer

fssimmer

Student Pilot

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 13 April 2006 - 08:23 PM

I would love to see improvments in the realism of ATC. Such as realistic departure and approach procedures, better spacing between AI planes, and I really really really hope they get rid of the "crossing runways" thing from FS2004. Another thing is letting us choose which runways certain planes land on based upon size, livery, and arrival direction. These upgrades would make me never want to leave my computer!!!!!!!

#67 KLM SEA-AMS

KLM SEA-AMS

Commercial Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,377 posts

Posted 13 April 2006 - 08:31 PM

I must actually say that I am not really looking forward to the new version of Flight Simulator because I am worried that all the add-ons that we have purchased over the years and have come to love will not be compatible with the new product from Microsoft. Let's just hope that I am wrong. I think that Flight Simulator 2004 still has a lot of life left in it.

#68 kenair744

kenair744

Cruising at FL130

• Members
  • 13,821 posts

Posted 13 April 2006 - 09:24 PM

Didn't Brad say that it will be backwards compatible?

#69 Montie

Montie

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,951 posts

Posted 14 April 2006 - 08:45 AM

The developers are doing their best to make it compatible with the current FS2004 addons. They are testing with various addons for FS2004, only payware from what I've read.

#70 kenair744

kenair744

Cruising at FL130

• Members
  • 13,821 posts

Posted 14 April 2006 - 09:46 AM

I hope so .... because with the current addons; I had to fix my hard drive a few times and it takes me over 3 hours just to complete ALL the addons... not to mention needing a big hard dive