#1 Mr. Schutte

Mr. Schutte

Orville Reincarnate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,277 posts

Posted 14 January 2006 - 11:54 AM

Good day folks.

I would like to create a few Cayman Airways aircraft opearting from Owen Roberts (MWCR) to places like Norman Manley, Miami, Tampa, Orlando and Ft. Lauderdale.

First of all, what planes do I need?
Second, what programs will I need to create flightplans?

How do I take a plane, and make it AI and give it flights to follow? Lots of help would be very helpful, thanks guys, if you want when it's done you can add it to your AI project :D

#2 Gunny

Gunny

Private Pilot - VFR

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 123 posts

Posted 14 January 2006 - 04:32 PM

why don't you look for a tut in the tutorials section?

#3 peter10

peter10

Private Pilot - IFR

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 707 posts

Posted 19 July 2006 - 05:03 PM

The only tools you need are: a brain, fingers, a keyboard, and a bit of knowledge. I find it easiest to manually to edit the FlightPlans.txt file  :D

Peter  :lol:

#4 Goose

Goose

Commercial Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,089 posts

Posted 19 July 2006 - 07:25 PM

This might help you. This is just a brief toutorial.

You will need TTools. Avalible
here. It is the first file.

Ok. Deppending on how many flight plans you want, you can use fly-albe planes(more polys) or AI planes.(AI Aardvark has a Caymon Airways 737-300. Link

Now install those airplanes and open up the aircraft.cfg. Find the reference speeds section of the cgf and Copy the cruise speed down. If it has a decimal, round it.

Now open ttools and decompile the traffic bgl. Close ttools. Now open the aircraft030528.txt file, and scroll to the bottom. You will see something like this,

AC#60,450,"Boeing 737-800"

Now where the 60 is, replace that will the next number, ex.61-62-63.

Where 450 is replace that with the cruise speed.

Where "Boeing 737-800" is, replace that with the title you find in the aircraft.cfg. Copy that and put that there.

Now save the document and close it.

Now comes the fun part, flight plans.

Open up the flightplans.txt file and scroll all the way to the bottom. You will see something like this,

AC#63,NCSW43,10%,6Hr,IFR,04:05:00,04:59:43,250,F,0610,KLAS,05:29:56,06:24:39,200,F,0689,KPHX

Ok. The AC#63 is the aircraft number you just put in the aircraft.txt file. Replace it with that.

NCSW43 is the aircraft registration. It does not matter for IFR flights, but it does for VFR flights. You still have to put something there even if it is a IFR flight.

10% is the setting of traffic you have to be on to see this flight. It is found in fs settings. (You don't have to be on it exactly you can be over that amount.)

6Hr is the amount of time after the flight starts of when it will respawn at its originating airport. I would put 24Hr but you could put other ones. I think they have to be even.( I don't think all even numbers work.)

IFR is the type of flight rules.

04:05:00 is the time the flight starts in GMT time.

04:59:43 is the time it stops. Put 00:00:00 and FS will canculate it for you.

250 is the cruiseing altitude. MUST BE IN FLIGHT LEVEL FORM.

F is what ATC will call it. F means ATC will call it by airline, and R means it will call it by its registration.

0610 is the flight number.

KLAS is the first desination.

Then the rest of the flight plan is the flightplan for the return trip home. REMEMBER--
THE LAST AIRPORT IDENTIFYER IS THE AIRPORT THE FLIGHT ORIGINATED FROM.

You can put as many legs as you can, but remember what I put above.

Save the document, open TTools, compile the airports, aircraft, and flightplans txt files,open up FS, and enjoy your AI.

Well I hope this helps.

Goose