18 replies to this topic

#1 Sweetair_CEO

Sweetair_CEO

Student Pilot

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 29 January 2006 - 04:33 PM

Have you all thought about a Disney World Scenery? Well I have thought about and decided to create an Airport RIGHT AT DISNEY. It is located not more than .1NM from Disney World itself. I have included a few pics for you.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image
(This Image, as you can tell, taxiway textures aren't there, they are currently in progress. Also, i'm going to be moving the airport slightly, so its not in the water, haha)

Ill send out more info later on in a few days about release and all that. Cya

Edited by Sweetair_CEO, 29 January 2006 - 04:36 PM.

#2 Mr. Schutte

Mr. Schutte

Orville Reincarnate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,277 posts

Posted 29 January 2006 - 05:56 PM

:D           :)  :lol:

:D where'd u get those trees?

#3 Sweetair_CEO

Sweetair_CEO

Student Pilot

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 29 January 2006 - 06:21 PM

I got the trees off of flightsim.com.

#4 Evan.

Evan.

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,868 posts

Posted 29 January 2006 - 06:34 PM

That is one monstrous airport!  :D

:D

#5 AmericanAirFan

AmericanAirFan

Orville Reincarnate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,914 posts

Posted 04 February 2006 - 10:16 PM

That Airport doesn't look very efficient a tripple parrelell approach and then one guy on the diaganol crashed through each one :D nice idea though :D

#6 ucantcme

ucantcme

Orville Reincarnate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,956 posts

Posted 04 February 2006 - 10:20 PM

AmericanAirFan, on Feb 4 2006, 10:16 PM, said:

That Airport doesn't look very efficient a tripple parrelell approach and then one guy on the diaganol crashed through each one :D nice idea though :)
The runways have to be atleast 1nm away from each other to have parallel approaches at the same time.... And the winds wouldnt favor all the runways, so there wouldnt be a crash, even if they did, they would only use 1 set of runways. :lol:  :D

#7 Fsimfan

Fsimfan

Download Manager\Contributor\Moderator

• Download Manager
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,357 posts

Posted 04 February 2006 - 11:24 PM

A Disneyworld scenery is something I would definitely look forward to.   :D I commend you on this endeavor and wish you success! :D  Are you adding scenery objects for the rest of Disneyworld, or are you going to be concentrating mainly on the airport?

One slight suggestion if I may.  Remember that Disneyworld is a main attraction, and a monstrous airport that dwarfs the famous amusement park looks odd as well as distorts ground reality on a major scale. It might be better to scale down that airport a bit.  :)

Edited by Fsimfan, 04 February 2006 - 11:38 PM.

#8 Sweetair_CEO

Sweetair_CEO

Student Pilot

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 04 February 2006 - 11:36 PM

Hey guys,

Well, first off, I do need to inform you about this scenery, as it will only be released for ONLY 7 days, after the 7 days, the scenery will only be available to Universal Virtual Airlines pilots only! So after the 7 days expire, the only way you will obtain it, is through joining Universal Virtual Airlines and reaching a certain rank, in which you will get this addon.

In this addon, I will be giving, SATELITTE IMAGES, for the entire park and I am going to attempt to add some custom buildings/rides in there. In the Default Disney Scenery, they have the Castle and the famous Space Mountain Roller Coaster already in place, ALONG with the Mickey Mouse Ball at Epcot.

I will try to post some more updated images soon.

If you have any suggestions/comments feel free to email me at mike@universalva.com

Thanks,
Mike

Edited by Sweetair_CEO, 04 February 2006 - 11:37 PM.

#9 IBtheSarge

IBtheSarge

First Class Member

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,718 posts

Posted 05 February 2006 - 03:35 AM

Since it's primarily for a VA, go for it .... a bit ambitious, but VA's can use airports that size.

From a realism stand-point, it's FAR too big even considering ALL of the theme parks in the Orlando area.  Except for needing more vehicle parking, Orlando International is definitely NOT maxed out handling all the flights of tourists that come to the area each year.  Were that airport to REALLY be planned, there's no way the investors could EVER recoup their money.

#10 TechnicolorYawn

TechnicolorYawn

Orville Reincarnate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,581 posts

Posted 05 February 2006 - 06:27 AM

The taxiways look a bit dodgy. You could do with looking at real airports and seeing how the taxiways usually intersect the runways at an angle (to make it easier to turn off) and they usually have a taxiway running alongside each runway, not just one.

Edited by TechnicolorYawn, 05 February 2006 - 06:28 AM.

#11 Sweetair_CEO

Sweetair_CEO

Student Pilot

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 05 February 2006 - 11:45 AM

Hey everyone,

Yeah, I know what you mean about the taxiways and I am actually just thinking about cutting airport size down to 2 runways. Well, below is a updated image of the area.

Posted Image

#12 Speedbird_one

Speedbird_one

formerly 01hthochr

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,567 posts

Posted 05 February 2006 - 12:19 PM

Hmm You might want to try and blend in the satalite.

#13 Sweetair_CEO

Sweetair_CEO

Student Pilot

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 05 February 2006 - 12:22 PM

Actually, the entire area will be sat imaging, just for right now I layed out some grass. But when it runs into water, I am more than likelly going to put a layer of grass over it so it won't seem so weird. However, I did just downgrade to two runways and will post a picture of the new look later today.

Edited by Sweetair_CEO, 05 February 2006 - 12:24 PM.

#14 Speedbird_one

Speedbird_one

formerly 01hthochr

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,567 posts

Posted 05 February 2006 - 12:23 PM

O right, cool. are you moddeling any of the park?

#15 Sweetair_CEO

Sweetair_CEO

Student Pilot

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 05 February 2006 - 12:25 PM

Yes and No. I am only going to be doing some of the more important and large rides, for instance, FAST TRACK, SPACE MOUNTAIN(Already Default, but will try to make a more realistic one), Tower of Terror and I am going to try to make the entire Epcot center, with all the different countries buildings and everything, if you've been there you know what I am talking about.

#16 Airbus A319

Airbus A319

Private Pilot - VFR

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 356 posts

Posted 05 February 2006 - 01:15 PM

Son, you need a life. Go get a girl but don't hurt yourself.

#17 Sweetair_CEO

Sweetair_CEO

Student Pilot

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 05 February 2006 - 02:10 PM

Yo man, I got a girl  :D  but being military and all, at the moment don't live anywhere near her.

#18 AmericanAirFan

AmericanAirFan

Orville Reincarnate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,914 posts

Posted 13 February 2006 - 07:11 PM

ucantcme, on Feb 4 2006, 10:20 PM, said:

AmericanAirFan, on Feb 4 2006, 10:16 PM, said:

That Airport doesn't look very efficient a tripple parrelell approach and then one guy on the diaganol crashed through each one :D nice idea though :)
The runways have to be atleast 1nm away from each other to have parallel approaches at the same time.... And the winds wouldnt favor all the runways, so there wouldnt be a crash, even if they did, they would only use 1 set of runways. :lol:  :D
SFO's runways are definatly less than 1nm apart  :lol:

#19 YngwieMalmsteen

YngwieMalmsteen

Private Pilot - VFR

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 378 posts

Posted 24 March 2006 - 09:33 PM

i would be intersted to know the release date if you could tell me.