#1 johnpc

johnpc

Commercial Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,385 posts

Posted 31 January 2006 - 01:27 PM

Let me clarify what I mean.

I know that an AI plane won't land if there is no airport (obvious) but how does this affect the traffic?

I have  quite few AI flightplans from PAI, MRAI plus others and doing a check I found that some specified airports are missing. I've collected all my airports including addons with TTools, but there are still a lot missing.

I installed a file to add airports in China and now I have no problems there, but in the Ex USSR, South America and the Middle East I'm still having problems.

Some of them have changed names, USMM used to be Z25Q which makes things quite complicated to sort out!

So, will the AI plane spawn in mid-air and continue its journey to the destination, just as if there are no available parking spaces at the departure airport, or will it be ignored completely?

I'm looking around now for the missing airports and finding quite a few so these I'll add in time.

I may simply edit the flightplan and change the destination to valid airports, but that's not what I really want.

Thanks for any replies.

#2 TechnicolorYawn

TechnicolorYawn

Orville Reincarnate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,581 posts

Posted 31 January 2006 - 01:33 PM

TTools won't let you install it if all the airports that are mentioned in the flightplan aren't in the airport list text file that goes with it.

If you just add the entries in the list, but don't have the airports installed, then as long as you are more than 50nm from one of those airports, then you won't notice anything.

If you are closer then 50nm (so the AI thats supposed to be at that airport spawns) then anything coming from that airport won't show up, and anything going to it will probably disappear when it starts its approach.

#3 johnpc

johnpc

Commercial Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,385 posts

Posted 31 January 2006 - 02:56 PM

That's right about TTools but the thing is the "non existant" airports are in the airports file, but NOT in FS9!

When I've added some Russian airports they give a text file with the AP details to add, but I usually install then run Collect Airports.

So basically I'm ok to use the traffic files, they won't cause a hash?

The reason I asked is that I noticed a big perfomance drop over Russia in respect to Europe, even though there is far more traffic over Europe! The only thing I could think of was the Traffic.BGLs causing problems.

Thanks for your reply TCY!