7 replies to this topic

#1 Ladiesman_217

Ladiesman_217

Commercial Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,611 posts

Posted 03 February 2006 - 07:28 PM

I was just wondering if there is a way to re-plan the flighplan of AI aircrafts from PAI official files airlines and make them go where ever you want? and plan them instead of the PAI installer to plan the flights for you? and another questions is can you multiply the planes and make them more so that you can have alot of planes on the airport :D

#2 johnpc

johnpc

Commercial Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,385 posts

Posted 03 February 2006 - 08:41 PM

Yes there is a way, but it needs some knowledge plus a couple of programs to help you.

TTools to decompile/recompile the traffic.bgl file(s) and a flightplan editor, there are quite a number to choose from but I use YRoute. Editing manually requires quite a bit of knowhow.

Then you need lots of time and patience.

Read the posts in his forum and you'll start getting the idea, and of course the manuals which come with TTools and YRoute (or whatever)

#3 Ladiesman_217

Ladiesman_217

Commercial Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,611 posts

Posted 05 February 2006 - 02:12 AM

johnpc, on Feb 3 2006, 08:41 PM, said:

Yes there is a way, but it needs some knowledge plus a couple of programs to help you.

TTools to decompile/recompile the traffic.bgl file(s) and a flightplan editor, there are quite a number to choose from but I use YRoute. Editing manually requires quite a bit of knowhow.

Then you need lots of time and patience.

Read the posts in his forum and you'll start getting the idea, and of course the manuals which come with TTools and YRoute (or whatever)
I know how to flight plan with TTool but my flight plans don't seem to work :lol:  i don't know why is that :lol:  and remember that bgl files themselvs cannot make traffic appear unless you have a flightplan which you have to have the plane number blah blah which i don't get  :lol:  :censored:  :lol:  :)  

about patience :lol:  i do have patience :thumbsup:  but they don't work unless i use the PAI installer which you cannot change its flightplan  :censored:  :lol:  :censored:  But also with TTool rejects my flight plans by pretending to compile but later on i don't see anyplanes on the airport :thumbsup:  :censored:  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:  :D  <_<  :D

#4 IBtheSarge

IBtheSarge

First Class Member

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,718 posts

Posted 05 February 2006 - 10:49 AM

abishay, on Feb 5 2006, 03:12 AM, said:

and remember that bgl files themselvs cannot make traffic appear unless you have a flightplan
The BGL that johnpc is referring to is the traffic030528.bgl file in your FS9/Scenery/World/Scenery folder.  It does create the traffic, because it is a compilation of the airports.txt, aircraft.txt, and flightplans.txt files.  TTools is only used to decompile traffic030528.bgl so you can add aiports, aircraft, and flightplans into those .txt files, then recompile your modified files into a newer version of traffic030528.bgl ... and THAT is what creates your traffic.

abishay, on Feb 5 2006, 03:12 AM, said:

also with TTool rejects my flight plans by pretending to compile but later on i don't see anyplanes on the airport
If TTools is processing your modified flightplans.txt file without errors, then you have either (1) given a wrong arrival/departure time, or (2) you're at the wrong airport, or (3) the aircraft you're using from your aircraft.txt file is not in your FS9/Aircraft directory, or (4) you have an error in one of those .txt files that needs to be corrected.

1.  Arrival/departure times are GMT/UTC.  For instance, if I want a flight to originate at KTIX (Florida) at 12:00 local time, the departure has to be 17:00 GMT.  If I goto KTIX to see the departure at 12:00 local, and I put 12:00 as the departure time, the flight has already departed 5 hours ago because 12:00 GMT is 07:00 local.  Same thing on arrival times .... if you want to see that flight arrive at 12:00 local, then the flightplan must specify an arrival time of 17:00 to correct for the difference between local and GMT/UTC.

2.  Double-check the airport ICAO you entered.  It's real easy to reverse two letters (KITX instead of KTIX).

3.  Make sure your aircraft titles (between the quotation marks) in aircraft.txt actually exist in one of the aircraft.cfg files in your FS9/Aircraft folders.  They have to match EXACTLY, or -- as far as FS9 is concerned -- that aircraft doesn't exist and, therefore, cannot fly ANY flightplan.

4.  If TTools gives you a red error message during the compile process, then TTools did NOT process your changes.  It will not update the traffic030528.bgl file until you correct any and ALL errors; it stops processing once an error has been encountered.  This can be as simple as a missing comma, a missing airport, an invalid time (90:00:00 instead of 09:00:00), a required field with no data.  Your flightplans line entry has to be PERFECT or TTools will halt processing until the errors are corrected.

As for not being able to change PAI installed flightplans, who told you that?  Once you have installed them (correctly), you can use TTools to open the modified BGL file, decompile it into the three .txt files, modify any flightplan you want to modify, then recompile it back to BGL.

#5 PiP

PiP

Cruising at FL140

• Members
  • 14,896 posts

Posted 05 February 2006 - 04:14 PM

I might make a program to make this easyer one day. I allready have some of the code developed in a cammand line app  use to delete specific lines from the Flightplans.txt file.

Edited by PiP, 05 February 2006 - 04:16 PM.

#6 Ladiesman_217

Ladiesman_217

Commercial Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,611 posts

Posted 06 February 2006 - 01:42 AM

PiP, on Feb 5 2006, 04:14 PM, said:

I might make a program to make this easyer one day. I allready have some of the code developed in a cammand line app  use to delete specific lines from the Flightplans.txt file.
:censored:  :)  Can you really do that :D  Thats something to be proud of :D  Is it going to be a freeware or a payware? because i would really like to have something to do that :lol:  :censored:  :lol:  If you do it please inform me :thumbsup:

@ Sarge

Thanks you very much for the Tips i will try them today. But Thank to my Misunderstanding i deleted my orignal Traffic bgl flight plans but i have still got the airports and the Traffic030528 bgl i moved in another folder because i did not want the original FS traffic :censored:  :lol:  :lol:  :censored:  do you know where i can find the flightplans for the Original FS traffic?

#7 PiP

PiP

Cruising at FL140

• Members
  • 14,896 posts

Posted 06 February 2006 - 04:35 AM

So far al my stuff's been freeware. But I have a couple of projects on the go right now plus Uni. And a full blown app takes a few months to develop. So it may be some time.

Edited by PiP, 06 February 2006 - 04:36 AM.

#8 johnpc

johnpc

Commercial Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,385 posts

Posted 06 February 2006 - 08:25 PM

Why not just get YRoute?  :D

3 easy steps to doing what you want

1 Decompile the traffic.bgl with TTools

2 Use Yroute to

A make a new flightplan, or
   B Change an exisitng FP; aircraft, airport, time, whatever

3 Recompile the new/modified FP with TTools

Presto you've done it! I'll even provide a link:

http://members.iinet...ock/yRoute.html

and screenshots
http://members.iinet...te_Screens.html

Edited by johnpc, 06 February 2006 - 08:33 PM.