4 replies to this topic

#1 tony_gib

tony_gib

Private Pilot - IFR

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 716 posts

Posted 09 April 2006 - 03:24 PM

AI yeh nice bunch of planes flying the skies ok my defaults work but i want to go the next step having various airlines parked at airports and flying in the air but how????

i need a nice (don't care how long) but easily understandle tutorial or something
i want all these AI but last time i tried  i got nowhere and Swordy's TTOOLS was a waste of time too!

looking forward hearing from anyone

gibpilot

#2 IBtheSarge

IBtheSarge

First Class Member

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,718 posts

Posted 09 April 2006 - 04:34 PM

tony_gib, on Apr 9 2006, 04:24 PM, said:

AI yeh nice bunch of planes flying the skies ok my defaults work but i want to go the next step having various airlines parked at airports and flying in the air but how????

i need a nice (don't care how long) but easily understandle tutorial or something
i want all these AI but last time i tried  i got nowhere and Swordy's TTOOLS was a waste of time too!

looking forward hearing from anyone
There's no way around using Lee's TTools ... it's the only program that will decompile/recompile your traffic BGL correctly.  Whether you manually add airports, aircraft and flightplans to the three files, or you have an AI software package like Ultimate Traffic that generates that information, TTools will be needed somewhere on your HDD to decompile/recompile.  Otherwise, no traffic will EVER appear anywhere.

This is just one of the AI tutorials in the Knowledge Base:

http://www.fs2004.co...showtopic=30646

There are others; pick one and go through it.  If you don't like it for some reason, pick another one.  If you're not going to use programs like Ultimate Traffic, then you'll need to collect the individual aircraft models and textures yourself, install them, and create flightplans for them.

#3 tony_gib

tony_gib

Private Pilot - IFR

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 716 posts

Posted 10 April 2006 - 06:52 AM

thanks Sarge that seems pretty easy now i had issues with TTools before but i think i know why now i have recently reformated my PC because i bought it in Spain and it had files missing and obviously folder names are different. I'm gonna have a go at it again

Thanks again Sarge you're a true hero :D

gibpilot :D

#4 IBtheSarge

IBtheSarge

First Class Member

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,718 posts

Posted 13 April 2006 - 11:33 PM

tony_gib, on Apr 10 2006, 07:52 AM, said:

thanks Sarge that seems pretty easy now i had issues with TTools before but i think i know why now i have recently reformated my PC because i bought it in Spain and it had files missing and obviously folder names are different. I'm gonna have a go at it again
Thanks again Sarge you're a true hero :lol:
gibpilot :D
Glad to help out.  Remember, though -- even when you THINK you've got a handle on something, it doesn't hurt to double-check the tutorial.  Lee's got a good one (TTools top toolbar, HELP, then Help on the menu that comes up).  When I'm assembling mil AI traffic for a new airbase, I'm in and out of that tutorial a dozen times or more.  At my age, it's just too much information to permanently store on the human hard-drive; I've got terrabyte requirements but only a 5mb HHD  :lol:

#5 peter10

peter10

Private Pilot - IFR

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 707 posts

Posted 04 July 2006 - 07:35 AM

sarge, on Apr 13 2006, 11:33 PM, said:

Glad to help out.  Remember, though -- even when you THINK you've got a handle on something, it doesn't hurt to double-check the tutorial.  Lee's got a good one (TTools top toolbar, HELP, then Help on the menu that comes up).  When I'm assembling mil AI traffic for a new airbase, I'm in and out of that tutorial a dozen times or more.  At my age, it's just too much information to permanently store on the human hard-drive; I've got terrabyte requirements but only a 5mb HHD  :D
My brain is is in the GE Pro of that class  :lol:

Peter  :lol:

Edited by peter10, 04 July 2006 - 07:36 AM.