149 replies to this topic

#41 TND4NOS

TND4NOS

Official Contest Host\Edited Contest Host

• Contest Host
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,918 posts

Posted 18 April 2006 - 04:39 AM

Can i ask for more shots of the actual airport... shots like this shows us nothing IMO...

Posted Image

Posted Image

Can you show us what you are actually doing/working on because i am still not sure what you are doing, are you changing the default scenery because from what i have seen IMO it looks the same besides fences and cars.:D and maybe trees. Im after complete airport re-dovelopments but i know that won't come from you. IMO surrounding scenery isnt really a big thing, id prefer the airport because default is shocking. Surrounding scenery around sydney looks fine for default and maybe better with some downloaded files.

Sorry if this seems harmful but its just my opinion. :lol:

Cheers,
Arron

#42 MattGarner

MattGarner

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,762 posts

Posted 18 April 2006 - 04:52 AM

Wow cant wait to see it full :lol:

If it is going to be freeware i would get this for FS!!! :D

Cheers,

Matt

#43 Sydney2006

Sydney2006

Private Pilot - VFR

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 496 posts

Posted 18 April 2006 - 06:24 AM

Thankyou for your replys,

We will be changing the default scenery quite a bit, ie new aerobridges, ramp vechiles, guidence makers for aircraft docking, new roads and cars around the terminal, new taxiway textures, exact taxiway marking as they are in reallife, hopfully new runway textures but maybe not as i'm having problems with this part as wel as photoreal ground textures, but if i can work them out they will be included as well.

I will post screenshots of the terminal areas as more progress is done on them. If you would like yo suggest anything that you would like to be done to the airport, please say so, and we'll see what can be done.

We are not sure if it will be payware or freeware we'll decide on completion and let you all know either way.

Enjoy

Aaron

If you have any further question please do not hesitate to ask.

Australian Sceneries Webpage

P.s. When the product is nearing completion we'll need some beta testers to check the file installation, and the scenery in the game its self. So keep that in mind, and i'll let know know when we'll need beta testers.

Edited by Sydney2006, 18 April 2006 - 06:27 AM.

#44 Nick.

Nick.

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,873 posts

Posted 18 April 2006 - 07:49 AM

looks great,whether it be freeware or payware im getting it :D BTW if you do start looking for B-testers PM me :lol:

#45 TND4NOS

TND4NOS

• Contest Host
  • 10,918 posts

Posted 18 April 2006 - 08:08 AM

Sydney2006, on Apr 18 2006, 07:24 PM, said:

Thankyou for your replys,

We will be changing the default scenery quite a bit, ie new aerobridges, ramp vechiles, guidence makers for aircraft docking, new roads and cars around the terminal, new taxiway textures, exact taxiway marking as they are in reallife, hopfully new runway textures but maybe not as i'm having problems with this part as wel as photoreal ground textures, but if i can work them out they will be included as well.

I will post screenshots of the terminal areas as more progress is done on them. If you would like yo suggest anything that you would like to be done to the airport, please say so, and we'll see what can be done.

We are not sure if it will be payware or freeware we'll decide on completion and let you all know either way.

Enjoy

Aaron

If you have any further question please do not hesitate to ask.

P.s. When the product is nearing completion we'll need some beta testers to check the file installation, and the scenery in the game its self. So keep that in mind, and i'll let know know when we'll need beta testers.
Ok thanks mate..... i just havent seen any changes in the shots yet. Maybe just simple day ones to show the ground instead of the sky would be great  :D

Ill be around to beta-test... so let me know  :lol:  :D
Cheers,

Arron :lol:

#46 Sydney2006

Sydney2006

Private Pilot - VFR

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 496 posts

Posted 18 April 2006 - 06:52 PM

Thanks for your replys,

i'll post some shots of the terminal in a few days time, i'll let you know when i need beta testers. If it is freeware i'll post it on my webpage for download, but if its payware i'll most likely sell it on simmarket.

Thanks

Aaron

#47 Sydney2006

Sydney2006

Private Pilot - VFR

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 496 posts

Posted 20 April 2006 - 01:57 AM

Hello Everyone,

Just to let you know in advance that i will be posting some new screenshots soon. If there is any area of the airport you would like to see, just ask.

Thanks Aaron

#48 slick

slick

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,561 posts

Posted 20 April 2006 - 04:39 AM

I'd like to see some shots of the actual airport buildings and the parking and gates area.

#49 flyhalf

flyhalf

Orville Reincarnate

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,567 posts

Posted 20 April 2006 - 04:55 AM

The bar for payware is set pretty high these days, so too are consumer expectations. If you offer payware, people will expect rock solid after sales support, regular patches if required, a website with all the information, discussion forum etc. I'm not saying you are incapable of doing this - just be sure that's all.

#50 Nick.

Nick.

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,873 posts

Posted 20 April 2006 - 05:18 AM

yeah payware development (no offence) is not for n00bs,or single developer products. the only reason i went to a-sim was because of thier V22 (which compared to the rest of thier products is the most frame friendly). but yes i wouldnt advise you go payware yet until you get some good credits,you know become known in the FS dev world,maybe hire some help etc. THEN go payware. otherwise your going to be way in over your head :D. you cant rush perfection you know :lol:

#51 Sydney2006

Sydney2006

Private Pilot - VFR

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 496 posts

Posted 20 April 2006 - 05:42 AM

Thanks for your replys, yes ill post soem screenshots of the terminal area soon. If i do go payware i will re-do my website, but if not i'll just keep it the same, as it has what it needs for now anyway. We do have a forum at our webiste, just follow the links if you wish to go to it.

We are trying to re-create sydney airport, as close as we can to real life. We will see what it looks like at the end of development, and decide on that. if it will be freeware or payware.

Thanks for your replys.

Aaron

#52 Sydney2006

Sydney2006

Private Pilot - VFR

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 496 posts

Posted 22 April 2006 - 03:34 AM

Below are some more screenshots.

Enjoy

Aaron

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#53 TND4NOS

TND4NOS

• Contest Host
  • 10,918 posts

Posted 22 April 2006 - 09:03 AM

We need some day shots... simple ones that show everything nice and clear. These weird angle ones don't really show much and at sunset :D

#54 Sydney2006

Sydney2006

Private Pilot - VFR

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 496 posts

Posted 22 April 2006 - 07:03 PM

Hello,

Thnakyou for your reply. I will take some day screenshots and post them here and on my website soon.

Aaron

#55 Sydney2006

Sydney2006

Private Pilot - VFR

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 496 posts

Posted 23 April 2006 - 02:17 AM

Hello everyone,

I'm about to do a major update on my website (i've already updated the main page and the coming soon page) now i'm adding a flash intro.

Below is the link to the intro can you please tell me if the flash intro works and if it links to my webpage yet.

Please note it is not done, it will have the origional www.australiansceneries.tk url on completion.

Thanks Aaron

http://www.australiansceneries.tk

flash test url

For some reason it won't let me open from this website so to see the flash preview copy the following URL

and paste it into a new browser window. I should work then. Thanks

Edited by Sydney2006, 23 April 2006 - 02:44 AM.

#56 Sydney2006

Sydney2006

Private Pilot - VFR

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 496 posts

Posted 23 April 2006 - 02:50 AM

flash test url

For some reason it won't let me open from this website so to see the flash preview copy the following URL

(http://www.freewebs.com/australiansceneries/Australian%20Sceneries%20Flash1.swf)

and paste it into a new browser window. I should work then. Thanks

Aaron

#57 YakYak

YakYak

Private Pilot - VFR

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 389 posts

Posted 23 April 2006 - 03:52 AM

fyi: you should check out the sydney airport the boys over at VOZ is also making.  If you are going payware, then you have some awesome freeware compitition to deal with. :D

#58 Sydney2006

Sydney2006

Private Pilot - VFR

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 496 posts

Posted 23 April 2006 - 03:57 AM

Thanks for your reply. Could you please post a link or screenshots of it. I have seen the one in Voz 1.1 it is quite good. I must commend them of the great job they did on Australia.

Aaron

#59 YakYak

YakYak

Private Pilot - VFR

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 389 posts

Posted 23 April 2006 - 04:11 AM

just go visit their forum and look under VOZ 1.2 preview screenshots. They are working on a new sydney airport...and it's looking very good.  

i can't do a direct link, because you have to register there to see the posts. But since you are working on the same product, you should register and check it out.

-fz

#60 Sydney2006

Sydney2006

Private Pilot - VFR

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 496 posts

Posted 23 April 2006 - 04:23 AM

Thankyou for the tip i'll go do this now.

Aaron