4 replies to this topic

#1 mobisone

mobisone

Commercial Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,934 posts

Posted 13 April 2006 - 03:26 PM

OK i have sucessfully created my first scratch built AI flight data for Hawaiian Airlines to show up at an Airport.

Problem:
I am trying to also include a custom Airlines into this airport too.
the Imfamous Mozilla Airlines

this does not show up in the Airlines list when alocating a parking spot for it.
do i need to give the Airlines an "Alias" real airline name in the aircraft CFG?

#2 IBtheSarge

IBtheSarge

First Class Member

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,718 posts

Posted 13 April 2006 - 05:15 PM

mobisone, on Apr 13 2006, 04:26 PM, said:

OK i have sucessfully created my first scratch built AI flight data for Hawaiian Airlines to show up at an Airport.

Problem:
I am trying to also include a custom Airlines into this airport too.
the Imfamous Mozilla Airlines

this does not show up in the Airlines list when alocating a parking spot for it.
do i need to give the Airlines an "Alias" real airline name in the aircraft CFG?
In your AFCAD directory, you will find a file ParkingSpecs.txt ..... that lists all of the airlines and military aircraft, plus defines the coloration for the specific parking spots.  A typical line looks like this:

Mil KC-135 Stratotanker B707 Tanker - Transport,120,140,30,k135,M003

The first section defines the airline:

This section identifies the color the parking spot will have:

This section defines the atc_parking_codes= data that must be in the aircraft.cfg file for ATC to park that aircraft on a particular spot:

You can create your own line entry in this file by simply changing the data in each section, like this (one of my fictional entries for testing repaints):

UMil 554ARS KC-135,120,140,30,554R

The first section tells me that it's a user-defined spot for a military aircraft (UMil) of the 554th Aerial Refueling Squadron (554ARS) which operates the KC-135, and it uses the same color as the original entry for the parking spot (120,140,30), and any aircraft parked at that spot must have atc_parking_codes=554R in the aircraft.cfg file for that repaint.  I didn't add the M003 parking code because that would have allowed any KC-135 to park there as well.

So, if you want to create a new line entry for Mozilla Airlines and you want it to have the same colored parking spot as American Airlines uses, you would just copy the American Airlines line (American Airlines,0,0,110,AAL), change the line to what you want it to be (Mozilla Airlines,0,0,110,MOZ), and paste it into the ParkingSpecs.txt file and save it.  The next time you open AFCAD, it will be available for assignment to a parking spot.

(Remember to change the aircraft.cfg file for any Mozilla Airlines aircraft you have so it has the parking code MOZ.)

#3 mobisone

mobisone

Commercial Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,934 posts

Posted 13 April 2006 - 06:17 PM

WOW that.... was.... Deep! :lol:
thankyou!

this info you provided may be short and sweet, but somthing like this Should be PINNED!

Along with technicolors tutorial on custom parking markers! :D

:D  :lol:

#4 mobisone

mobisone

Commercial Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,934 posts

Posted 13 April 2006 - 11:16 PM

WAhoooo!
:lol:

YEA! NOW i got MELJET AI !
The Imfamous Mozillla Airlines and Hawaiian Airllines!  :D

Those two big jets are under AI control lol
that me in the little cessna in the foreground.

Posted Image

#5 IBtheSarge

IBtheSarge

First Class Member

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,718 posts

Posted 13 April 2006 - 11:26 PM

mobisone, on Apr 13 2006, 07:17 PM, said:

WOW that.... was.... Deep! :D
thankyou!
this info you provided may be short and sweet, but somthing like this Should be PINNED!
Along with technicolors tutorial on custom parking markers! :)
:lol:  :lol:
:D   Np, mate; always glad to pass along little tips and tricks.  They were shared with me by others, you're just the next one to receive them in the long line of procession.  :D