33 replies to this topic

#21 Katahu

Katahu

Commercial Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,007 posts

Posted 25 May 2006 - 09:10 PM

Since we are in agreement on whether a track should be made how about we start figuring out where to base the track at?

#22 Ladiesman_217

Ladiesman_217

Commercial Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,611 posts

Posted 25 May 2006 - 09:21 PM

Katahu, on May 25 2006, 09:10 PM, said:

Since we are in agreement on whether a track should be made how about we start figuring out where to base the track at?
  :D  If you still thinking what about the track being in Hawaii and maybe another one in the Simpson desert in Australia? :lol:  to feel the heat

just an idea

#23 Katahu

Katahu

Commercial Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,007 posts

Posted 29 May 2006 - 05:40 PM

I decided to allow my website to support certain types of sceneries as well [particularly for the cars]. If you have screenshots of a track you are making then e-mail them to me [my address is posted on my site] and I'll post them on the site's "Current Project" page.

#24 Ladiesman_217

Ladiesman_217

Commercial Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,611 posts

Posted 31 May 2006 - 03:57 AM

whats your site?

#25 Katahu

Katahu

Commercial Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,007 posts

Posted 31 May 2006 - 02:11 PM

For all of you who volunteered to test the Nissan out here is the link to the beta release. I hope the dynamics are good enough.

http://www.freewebs....u/downloads.htm

If you have any ideas on how to improve the dynamics or if you want to rewrite the whole aircraft.cfg then go ahead and send them to me so that I can implement them. Bare in mind that this beta doesn't have much animations since the purpose of this beta is to see if the dynamics are good enough for the common user.

To answer Abishay's question:

The site in which the link goes to is my site.

#26 Katahu

Katahu

Commercial Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,007 posts

Posted 02 June 2006 - 06:53 PM

Here is the new link. The old one doesn't work anymore because I changed the name of the web page from "downloads" to "download - racers".

http://www.freewebs....nloadracers.htm

Enjoy.

#27 Ladiesman_217

Ladiesman_217

Commercial Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,611 posts

Posted 03 June 2006 - 02:27 AM

Thanks

#28 Katahu

Katahu

Commercial Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,007 posts

Posted 09 June 2006 - 06:14 PM

I made some changes to the car's MOI so that it can straighten up quicker after turning. However, the downside is that the car starts shaking a bit the moment the push-back function is used.

After animations, I have applied the needed animations and I have to do is animate the parking brake and gear stick.

BTW, I am waiting for some feedback regarding the dynamics of the beta so that I can fix it. If no feedback is recieve at least a week prior to the scheduled release date [most likely 01/09/06] then I will assume that the dynamics are ok and the dynamics will then be finalized for release. Just letting you know.

Edited by Katahu, 09 June 2006 - 06:15 PM.

#29 Katahu

Katahu

Commercial Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,007 posts

Posted 12 June 2006 - 11:08 AM

I signed up for premium services at freewebs so that I can get more webspace for the addons and bandwith for downloading. It may cost me, but my pharmacy job will compensate for it. :D

Also, I have been experimenting with various XML codes provided by experienced members over at www.freeflightdesign.com. I finally got the doors to open with just a simple click on the door itself. But that's just the beginning. :lol:

#30 Gunti222

Gunti222

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,092 posts

Posted 12 June 2006 - 12:31 PM

no way man push back in a car that what reverse is for

#31 Gunti222

Gunti222

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,092 posts

Posted 13 June 2006 - 07:49 PM

i have the nissian and it has better get up and go then ferrieria but not like my harley

#32 Katahu

Katahu

Commercial Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,007 posts

Posted 14 June 2006 - 01:30 AM

I finally got the lights going and a 2D photoreal panel has been programmed into the Nissan. All it needs now are some gauges. However, the panel still needs some work on the rough edges that are visible. I'm using PSP9 to edit it.

Right now, my site is temperarely down as I have registered a new domain name for the site: www.flightsimgroundvehicles.com It will take 24-48 hours to get back up. After that, I'll post new update shots.

Hey Gunti, I am trying my best to get the Nissan to reach its real-world acceleration of 0-60 MPH in 5.2 secconds without having the model go heywire. Converted to knots, thats 0-52 kias in 5.2 seconds. Currently, the model can only accelerate to that speed in 10 seconds.

#33 xaxa9

xaxa9

Private Pilot - VFR

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 264 posts

Posted 14 June 2006 - 04:30 AM

hummm, ground vehicules... the only onces that a tried were a ferrari and the truck that comes with justflight traffic 2005. I was really dissapointed as it's really hard to drive...

but your project sounds good, can't wait for the website to be back online and have a look... I would love to drive around in my favorite airports and look at the traffic...also being able to make turns like in real life and drive where i couldn't go with a plane

#34 Katahu

Katahu

Commercial Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,007 posts

Posted 14 June 2006 - 10:31 AM

Well, the site is back up. Check out the Project - PNS page for the update shots. Just remember that the last few updates [animations, lights and panels] were put in "after" the release of the beta.