32 replies to this topic

#21 Goose

Goose

Commercial Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,089 posts

Posted 03 May 2006 - 06:42 PM

^Thanks. Yeah that wouldn't be to fun. Thanks for the comment.

@spartan.one.one.six= I acctually thought of doing KHAF. I just looked at google maps and it is really boring! :D  Then I looked at Palo Alto Airport and it has some hangars buts that kind of boring too. Its not short on parking though! So I think I might try maybe KSJC. I know its a big step up but I will attempt it. I might not do any updates untill I know I can finish it. I might do the bay area update first if I can fiqure out what I want to do.

Thanks everyone for the comments.

#22 one.one.six

one.one.six

formerly spartan.one.one.six

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,797 posts

Posted 03 May 2006 - 08:36 PM

Goose, on May 3 2006, 04:42 PM, said:

^Thanks. Yeah that wouldn't be to fun. Thanks for the comment.

@spartan.one.one.six= I acctually thought of doing KHAF. I just looked at google maps and it is really boring! :D  Then I looked at Palo Alto Airport and it has some hangars buts that kind of boring too. Its not short on parking though! So I think I might try maybe KSJC. I know its a big step up but I will attempt it. I might not do any updates untill I know I can finish it. I might do the bay area update first if I can fiqure out what I want to do.

Thanks everyone for the comments.
what about Moffet Federal Airfield?

#23 shagster22

shagster22

Student Pilot

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 03 May 2006 - 09:32 PM

I'll do so,
I have just read the licence agreement, and as far as I can tell (I might have missed something);

1) not for commercial use; payware projects may not freely use google earth

2) The screenshots taken using the software cannot be used; they fall under the user agreement

As far as I am concerned, making your own screenshots and compiling is within the user agreement (especially after compiling your own and editing and such). Do not use screenshots made by the program.

I might be very wrong, I am simply trying to figure it out. I heard somewhere that it was within the user agreement to use them. Oh well, I'll try and get whatever info I can on the situation.

Edited by shagster22, 03 May 2006 - 09:34 PM.

#24 Goose

Goose

Commercial Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,089 posts

Posted 03 May 2006 - 11:15 PM

^Alright thanks. So I can use google maps for the satilite images I need?

@spartan.one.one.six: Yeah that might be fun. I'll look into that. That would make Moffet Field look how it really looks. Right now it doesn't have many buildings. I will probley do that airport.

Thanks for the comments!

Goose

#25 Skydvdan

Skydvdan

Private Pilot - VFR

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 273 posts

Posted 04 May 2006 - 02:19 AM

When they say the software they are talking about ripping images from Google Earth. It's because a lot of those images are taken from commercial aerial photo companies.

#26 mcschmidt_00

mcschmidt_00

Passenger

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 28 May 2006 - 05:10 PM

Hi-- Just wondering if your ksql afcad was still under development or if it's been posted (or is for sale) somewhere.

#27 Goose

Goose

Commercial Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,089 posts

Posted 28 May 2006 - 08:39 PM

I acctually am planning to make the model for KSQL and then do the AFCAD. Thanks for the comment.

Goose

#28 AmericanAirFan

AmericanAirFan

Orville Reincarnate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,914 posts

Posted 04 June 2006 - 04:56 PM

Awesome Goose I'm a NorCal Aviation nerd I've been up to KSJC kSQL KSFO KNUQ KRHV and other few various fields I go to KSJC every year if you need help with the AFCAD let me know I can help. So after KSQL what are your plans? Up there you mentioned KSJC I really don't wanna bug you about it but KSJC would be killer but work on KSQL and congrats on the awesome work.

regards

-AmericanAirFan

#29 Goose

Goose

Commercial Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,089 posts

Posted 04 June 2006 - 11:24 PM

Thanks for the comment. I haven't really been working on it but schools out in a week and a half( :D ) so I will really start working on it then. My plans are really just to work more on the bay area. I might do some sattilite image secenery then go on to another airport. Thanks for the comment.

I will post some more shots in a couple of days when I start working on it.

Thanks

Goose

EDIT: I will let you know if I need help on the AFCAD.

Edited by Goose, 04 June 2006 - 11:26 PM.

#30 Goose

Goose

Commercial Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,089 posts

Posted 18 June 2006 - 06:30 PM

Well just got it in the game. I don't know......does it look too small to you?
:D .
Posted Image

Well I still got to reposition it, blow it up, fix some height problems, do an  exclude, fix the textures and also make them. I just  have some questions,

How can I fix the buildings that look kind of see through? Also why aren't the ends of some of the hangars showing up and also that roof on the terminal building? Some things are overlaping. Could that be the problem. Also the ends of the hangars are different objects that the hangar it self. They are like a cap. Is there another way to do the hangars so I don't have to do that.

Well have a lot to work on.Thanks,

Goose

#31 TechnicolorYawn

TechnicolorYawn

Orville Reincarnate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,581 posts

Posted 19 June 2006 - 01:30 AM

How do you mean 'kind of see through'?

You can join two objects into a single object by clicking it, then clicking 'attach' then clicking the second object (they both have to be editable meshes or editable polys to do this). If both peices share points then you'll have to weld them together as this will create duplicate points. Just go into points mode, select all the points and click the weld selected button. This will join together any points which are very close together into a single point.

#32 Goose

Goose

Commercial Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,089 posts

Posted 19 June 2006 - 09:44 AM

What I mean is, do you see those hangars at the bottom. They are transparent almost.

Thanks for the tips I will try that.

Goose

#33 Joey McCormick

Joey McCormick

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,320 posts

Posted 03 July 2006 - 11:14 AM

Wow thats awesome  :D Is this scenery making stuff free? And where do I download it? I am thinking about remodeling a new Ottawa Airport :lol: Goose mind adding me to MSN? joeymccormick64@hotmail.com. You can help me with this stuff :lol: