#1 Antimod

Antimod

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,516 posts

Posted 13 June 2006 - 01:44 PM

Hello

I'm working on some Czech airports to make them more real than they are in FS. I found LKVO in Google Earth, and realized how unreal it is in the game: incorrect runway directions and half-made taxiways. The thing I want to do is to make the airport area larger, because the new taxiways would go into the FS-created autogen area. I'm not sure if I make the taxiways they wouldn't run through the buildings. :D Or does it clear the area by itself?

#2 TechnicolorYawn

TechnicolorYawn

Orville Reincarnate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,581 posts

Posted 13 June 2006 - 01:59 PM

You need to create exclude areas to get rid of autogen. I use a tool called Excbuilder (search on AVSIM for it). It creates square areas in which autogen (or other scenery objects you specify) is cleared by slewing your plane to the top-left then bottom-right of where you want them. You just click a button with your plane in the right place and the tool creates the code and files for you to place in FS.

#3 Antimod

Antimod

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,516 posts

Posted 13 June 2006 - 04:15 PM

Thanks! :lol: That's pretty useful!  :D

#4 peter10

peter10

Private Pilot - IFR

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 707 posts

Posted 27 June 2006 - 12:22 PM

I'll send you some blank XML files to play with. Just enter coordinates. Also see Scenery Development board and read '' Problem with default terrain ". All your awnsers will be there.

Peter  :D

Edited by peter10, 27 June 2006 - 12:26 PM.